Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubles: Stiff-as-a-Board, Gravity-Defying Havok...
09-10-2006, 06:12 AM,
Troubles: Stiff-as-a-Board, Gravity-Defying Havok...
I am having trouble with my collision models, myself.

Although I am able to have my objects (with 3DS Max-ed collision boxes) fall and react to physics, they appear to have their orientations frozen.

I can throw them against walls, yet they always face the same direction and remain level vertically level.

I have played around with Nifscope as well in my attempts to right the troubles.

What could the trouble be?

Here is a link giving an example of the trouble within the editor:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/A...gHavok.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the object in Nifscope:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/A...nnards.jpg

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and be well.
~ Nascentes Morimur ~
09-10-2006, 06:42 AM,

Hi there Arismeir, welcome to our neck of the woods.

We're not a general forum, but a forum devoted to the mod projects and -teams of the Beyond Cyrodiil network. Any threads related to mods other than ours should be on the General ES Modding board. But if we get to use your object in our mods, say by you releasing it on Planet ES for everyone (if that should happen to be your intention), that would solve that formal problem. I would have moved your thread to that board, but I wanted to doublecheck first.

Wish I could help you with your problem but I've mostly been modelling statics like bridges and houses, and I haven't gotten my misc items to react to Havok at all. Confusedhrug: Good luck though, I hope someone else here knows the answer.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-10-2006, 04:16 PM,

Absolutely. I do apologize for any misunderstanding.

I admit to ignorance regarding the specific nature of the forum to which I posted (strange, as spent much time reading through threads there).

My mod is a humble one, to convert all tools to weapons. Of course, this has been done similarly, but I am working from scratch, and improving where I felt the other lacked (all tools included, more realistic usage, replacement of normal tools on leveled lists--carefully, to ensure maximum compatibility--and scripting to make tools still appear as clutter in the inventory).

Whether such a mod would be of any use or not, I would not know, but I do hope to release it for public use. Of course, I would desire credit where credit is due, but I also realize that keeping a creation to myself is detrimental, not helpful, to the community.

Regardless of which forum you feel my post belongs to, I apologize for my ignorance, and wish all the best of luck.
~ Nascentes Morimur ~