Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial Needed - Converting Old Nifs to New
06-25-2010, 08:50 PM,
Tutorial Needed - Converting Old Nifs to New
Does anyone know of a good tutorial for porting fan-made models and textures from TES3 Nif format to TES4? Recently Jmanowar offered me permission for the use of the models from his TES3 mod Privateer's hold, but I need to learn how to convert the content using Blender.

I know that Razorwing has done several projects of this type already, including the Barabus Crypt set and Starcon's sextant model. I am looking to learn how to port static objects only - the rooms, corridors and set pieces from the mod.

Let me also state clearly: no Bethesda Morrowind resources will be converted - only Jamnowar's original and excellent 3D work.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks folks.

P.S.:

Additionally, congratulations to all of Silgrad for the upcoming release of Version 3. Its been a long time coming and I, for one, am quite excited. Great work everyone!

:goodjob:

Big Grin
Bard out...

"Stop hitting that key... there is no Escape."
08-06-2010, 12:50 AM,

An update - I figured out how to do this and now have a working version of Privateer's Hold. For images and commentary, have a look here:

Privateer's Hold Dungeon Journal

Once again, no Vanilla Morrowind content has been used - just new nifs and textures created by Jmanowar and updated to TES4 by yours truly.

Feel free to PM me if you would like a walkthrough using Blender - but only for new items and not for stock Morrowind assets.

Regards.
Bard out...

"Stop hitting that key... there is no Escape."
08-06-2010, 08:19 PM,

Sorry we could not be of any assistance Braggi but I am glad you have gotten it taken care of. Thank you for the interest in Silgrad Tower Smile

Have a great day
Charles