Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two issues...
08-23-2009, 11:13 PM,
Two issues...
I decided to play the mod a bit again, and bnoticed a couple things so far. First off, the land in the distance appears purple, but it turns back into a natural color when I come closer.
Secondly There is a missing mesh error in Stormhoold Plaza in the tent of the Argonian.
Also, are there any plans for a map?
08-23-2009, 11:21 PM,
RE: Two issues...
Btw, post any error reports here:
Error Reports

Quote:Originally posted by GOOGLEPOX
I decided to play the mod a bit again, and bnoticed a couple things so far. First off, the land in the distance appears purple, but it turns back into a natural color when I come closer.

Sounds like an LOD problem, but Ibsen might know more about this. Wait for him.

Quote:Secondly There is a missing mesh error in Stormhoold Plaza in the tent of the Argonian.

Ibsen will need to fix this on his end.

Quote:Also, are there any plans for a map?

I'm gonna say "yes". We're kind of gonna have to make a map so people know where they're going. But we're going to disable map-based fast travel - you have to travel via rootworms instead, when they're ready and set-up for that purpose. But we can't make a map that fits the mod, until all the land areas are generated, and maybe even until the towns are laid out (so you see the town in the map, like you do the Imperial City in the vanilla map). And we have not generated all the landscape, yet.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-23-2009, 11:47 PM,

Alright thanks. Big Grin
08-24-2009, 09:29 AM,

Hi GP!

The LOD is knackered at the moment because sandor generated the original files when we'd only just had Blackwood generated and nothing else. In hindsight, we probably should have left off generating the files because it looks odd now that things have changed, but that's the reason, anyway. I'm in no rush to have the files updated until everything is landscaped. Only once this is done will the LOD work as it should.

Yes, please use the error thread. I'm aware of that issue but I do sometimes miss things. It's just that I have a shedload of stuff on my 'to do' list. Regarding error-reporting, I often hav FRAPS running when I'm in the WS so I can take snaps of dodgy things and then deal with them later so if you ever have FRAPS running yourself, it might help to take a shot. It just makes for slightly easier reference if you're out in the wilderness.

Oh, and I just updated the map thread here: All Maps (REFERENCE ONLY - No Posting) . I'll be adding more files soon once I've found locations for some of the cities outside our beta regions which I've been thinking of maybe adding as unused towns (without interiors) just in case someone wanted to have a bit of fun with the ones closest to the West whilst we get the beta finalised.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]