Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT: Creature Playtesting
12-05-2010, 01:35 PM,
URGENT: Creature Playtesting
I have finished with the basic path-gridding of the beta regions (although they will need checking and repairing) and I am currently playtesting a number of our creatures prior to placing them in the beta WS but it's been noticed that there are some issues with them. These really need to be sorted ASAP as getting them in place ready for the dungeons and quests is a top priority. Any assistance from modellers or other experienced bods would be much appreciated.

I will list the problems below and update this OP as I go:
  • Black Troll - the model does not show up either in the preview window or in-game. The model can be dragged into the render window but is invisible. Having tested this, I found that the creature appears to exist and attack as normal but remains invisible at all times...
  • Chimp Wild - as above.
  • Marsh Iguana and Marsh Runner - previously highlighted issues remain where the creature is invisible in-game but the .nif shows up in the preview window, albeit 'crumpled' and unrecognisable. Unlike the above, I don't think it has a presence in-game either (I'm sure KP had this sorted but I probably didn't have time to follow it through at the time).
  • Lizards - need to be resized by about 2 or 3 times.

Water-dwelling creatures that I'm not checking as of yet include: jellyfish, urchin, lamia and Hammerhead / Tiger shark.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-05-2010, 02:42 PM,

I'm wondering, is the Black Troll from my resource?, I remember someone else having an issue with it and I had fix it. Though I never did update the resource on Nexus.

If not then you can just ignore me :lmao:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM,

No, it's WAC's. Was the issue the same though...? It could be related to this skeleton or something seeing as the Chimp also uses this skeleton and experiences the same fault. It's a bugger because I really like those models....likewise the Marsh Iguana and Marsh Runner.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM,

I'll try to look into some of the issues, shortly.
(I'm going to first look into the sea urchin esp issue, though...)

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-05-2010, 08:37 PM,

Okay, thanks KP! =)
12-06-2010, 12:22 AM,

Quick update: I just noticed that, after speaking with Vacuity, I was indeed incorrect about the filesize of his creatures in the VASE files. They are MUCH smaller than I imagined...which means I have no hesitation in adding them to the collection. I'll do this as my next task. =)
12-06-2010, 03:56 AM,
RE: URGENT: Creature Playtesting
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
[snipped by KP]
I will list the problems below and update this OP as I go:
  • Black Troll - the model does not show up either in the preview window or in-game. The model can be dragged into the render window but is invisible. Having tested this, I found that the creature appears to exist and attack as normal but remains invisible at all times...
  • Chimp Wild - as above.
  • Marsh Iguana and Marsh Runner - previously highlighted issues remain where the creature is invisible in-game but the .nif shows up in the preview window, albeit 'crumpled' and unrecognisable. Unlike the above, I don't think it has a presence in-game either (I'm sure KP had this sorted but I probably didn't have time to follow it through at the time).
  • Lizards - need to be resized by about 2 or 3 times.

Water-dwelling creatures that I'm not checking as of yet include: jellyfish, urchin, lamia and Hammerhead / Tiger shark.

Hey Ibsen,

I've fixed all the creature issues listed above, except for the resizing of the lizards that is mentioned at the end of the list. I've sent you fixed files, plus installation instructions.

I will resize those lizards later. Btw, which "lizards" are we talking about, specifically? The "armless"? Other?

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
12-06-2010, 08:19 AM,

Wow! That was amazingly quick. Great job! :bananarock:

I was referring to the lizards mentioned as 'green lizard', 'red lizard' and something else, 'white lizard'...? The armless ones are fine as they are. However, this has made me think about whether I should just keep the lizards really small as they could be used as 'house Geckos' for native houses in the same way that Thais often have Geckos wandering around and are considered good luck.

However, I could always resize them and take away their opposition to NPCs using the Faction options...and that gives me the best of both worlds... =)
12-06-2010, 11:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Wow! That was amazingly quick. Great job! :bananarock:

I was referring to the lizards mentioned as 'green lizard', 'red lizard' and something else, 'white lizard'...? The armless ones are fine as they are. However, this has made me think about whether I should just keep the lizards really small as they could be used as 'house Geckos' for native houses in the same way that Thais often have Geckos wandering around and are considered good luck.

However, I could always resize them and take away their opposition to NPCs using the Faction options...and that gives me the best of both worlds... =)

Yeah, I'd try resizing them really small in the CS's creature window. There is a "Scale" field in the main creature pop-up window. It is set to a scale of "1.00" , by default. If it doesn't allow you to scale them small enough, I can rescale the lizards manually.

Besides the "Faction" trick, it might be a good idea to set their "Aggression" to zero, under the AI tab. I think if you set the "Confidence" to zero, too, they'll flee when attacked (???). You probably know more about this than I do, though, in some main ways.

I sent you a second file to download, with other creature fixes I saw that needed done. These errors have not been reported yet, in the OP of this thread.

Koniption
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
"Aggression" to zero, under the AI tab. I think if you set the "Confidence" to zero, too, they'll flee when attacked (???).

Zero aggression will likely stop them from attacking, though they should still defend themselves if attacked. But a zero confidence level means they will most likely just run away.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]