• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Open]Blacklight, CR -2513 [ ? ]
09-03-2008, 02:59 PM,
[Open]Blacklight, CR -2513 [ ? ]
Howdy

I left the name blank because I'm not quite sure whast to call it

It is a Stonghold Dome with a Imperial Tower.. I think the tower could be
re-textured to look more like the dome but it does go nicely together

their are many running skeletons assuming this is some un-dead housing facility Confusedhrug:

The claimer may choose what to do with this

It probably needs a little discussion first

to claim NCR 2513, please reply to this post

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-03-2008, 03:52 PM,

I have no idea what to do with the interior, but I like the idea of re-texturing the tower. Though I agree that they go together quite well, I have a problem with a logical explanation why an Imperial structure stands close to an ancient stronghold ruin ... or vice versa, though I suppose the tower has been built later.

So, if you don't mind, I'll meddle around with the textures. Wink

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
09-03-2008, 04:14 PM,

I was confused myself on that, but thats how it was made Confusedhrug:

HOWEVER

your explanation can work, I can add a few imperial rubble structures nearby and we can say this:

(and feel free to edit if you wish)

The Imperials found it a suitable location to build though it was near to the remains of an ancient stronghold. They constructed the tower first, so to be watchful as the construction of the garrison went underway, but soon into the build it was discovered that not all was dead in the stronghold, many citizens were killed and the project was abandoned

I can also add a shack and a colony house (partially build house) for the supposed workers and the shack for storage of supplies

EDIT:
I think once we decide about the outside ... the inside will com easier
I have to work this evening, but when I get home I will throw some stuff around outside as indicated above and see how it looks

How does this sound

but if you'd rather re-texture it that is also ok

Enjoy
Bob

09-03-2008, 06:10 PM,

Okidoki Dr. Jones,

you make it difficult for me - maybe I can make it difficult for you. Wink

Very interesting story you have there. Quite intriguing and with the possibility for a quest or two (there might be the ghost of one or two of the soldiers still in the tower; or maybe one survivor who's become mad over the years and still fights a fight he can't win, but nevertheless refuses stubbornly to cease and walk away).

Now ... though I was close to cancel it after reading your post (I really like that idea), I did it anyway. Have a look at the pictures (left with all lights off, right with lights on) and if you like it - I made a little plugin that adds the tower plus textures to the game and you can use it at your own measure.

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
09-04-2008, 04:13 AM,

Howdy

Dr. Jones Confusedhrug: okay I'll play Big Grin

Nice looking tower I think we will keep it and use it... can be here or not

So you like the Idea thanks I like your additions to it, I think thats majority rules 2/3's I'm sure agram would go along as well (but I won't assume he will) Big Grin

So lets expound on that idea

I am home now 11PM CST (thats 11 at night texas time) I will throw together as discribed and take some pic's you can tell me what you be thinking

EDIT:

Here are a couple of views of something thrown together, as I looked it it more carefully I realise the landscape would require a slight modification to give it a more realistic feel, I'm sure even on Nirn they would have leveled the land a bit better than this prior to building on it, but it can still work

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob

09-04-2008, 07:51 PM,

Re-Howdy,

glad you like the tower. It might be good to use it somewhere else, but not especially here; I'm sure you'll find something.

The screenshots look very good; this really gives the impression that - whoever started to build there - left rather in a hurry.

And yes, the land where the ruins are standing should be flat.

One thing that comes to my mind: to give it an even more left-in-a-rush-look you could add a scaffold to one or maximum two of the buildings, just at one side, no big construction. What do you think?

Greetings,

Quentin

P.S.: btw and before I forget and since I don't want to open another thread ...

please don't wonder that my forum visits have become less frequent lately, but my vacations are finally over ;( and it's work again with all its :eekConfused and :bashConfused and :bitchingConfused

... time for the weekend to have some :bananarock: and :cheers: ... and modding, of course.

Quentin
09-05-2008, 04:19 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Re-Howdy,

glad you like the tower. It might be good to use it somewhere else, but not especially here; I'm sure you'll find something.

The screenshots look very good; this really gives the impression that - whoever started to build there - left rather in a hurry.

And yes, the land where the ruins are standing should be flat.

One thing that comes to my mind: to give it an even more left-in-a-rush-look you could add a scaffold to one or maximum two of the buildings, just at one side, no big construction. What do you think?

I think this sounds grand I'll do a bit of work on it over the weekend and see if I can come up with a nice look without completely desimating the landscape

Greetings,

Quentin

P.S.: btw and before I forget and since I don't want to open another thread ...

please don't wonder that my forum visits have become less frequent lately, but my vacations are finally over ;( and it's work again with all its :eekConfused and :bashConfused and :bitchingConfused

... time for the weekend to have some :bananarock: and :cheers: ... and modding, of course.

I understand completely That work thing always get in the way of fun

Quentin

Enjoy
Bob