Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwater adventure
12-05-2008, 07:32 PM,
Underwater adventure
This mod looked dead some time, and than, out of nowhere extremely detailed, cool meshes, I LOVE it! :banana:

TO the point: In oblivion and morrowind(especially oblivion) there was almost no exploration under the water, with all the cool water creature concept, please make the oceans of akavir something special, much more clear waters than in tamriel, strange water creatures, hidden treasure and caves, coral reefs, all you come up with, it would make this something unique and special.
12-05-2008, 07:38 PM,

Thanks for your supportive comment, LPS!!
I'll draw some concept art/maps for caves/ etc..
and i can make some meshes (for example a slaughterfish-man race) and buildings(underwater palace, etc.)
I think the water should be really, really deep, so that you can't see the bottom, only a dark, deep blue sea and lots of fish and some mountains made of sunken temples and cities, overgrown with coral :bananarock:
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM,

Hmm, sounds a lot like Thras...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-05-2008, 10:40 PM,

Koniption did upload all her resources, which I believe includes the plants they intended to use in the Ocean mod. Would those fit in with the concept here?
12-06-2008, 01:11 AM,

I dont know about Silgrad, but from what i've experienced, underwater pathgrids/AI packages are a bit screwed up. SO if you want to make anything underwater, be aware it may have to be altered to fit the oblivion engine and its many bugs (may want to take note of the alpha glitch you encounter when 2 semi transparent objects are seen through another which causes them to both disappear from view temporarily).

And i suppose we could extend tsaesci lore (always the tsaesci aint it?) so that hey have links to a ancestory of water snakes - perhaps we could go down the road of bringing up Leviathan as their ancestoral water god.

And some coral that are actually speedtrees would be interesting!
12-06-2008, 05:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by exilehunter
I dont know about Silgrad, but from what i've experienced, underwater pathgrids/AI packages are a bit screwed up. SO if you want to make anything underwater, be aware it may have to be altered to fit the oblivion engine and its many bugs (may want to take note of the alpha glitch you encounter when 2 semi transparent objects are seen through another which causes them to both disappear from view temporarily).

And I suppose we could extend tsaesci lore (always the tsaesci aint it?) so that hey have links to a ancestory of water snakes - perhaps we could go down the road of bringing up Leviathan as their ancestoral water god.

And some coral that are actually speedtrees would be interesting!

I have seen other discussion of that quirkiness too exile. So we do need to keep that issue in mind.

Leviathan would sure fit in.

I like the idea about coral + speedrees.