Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unearthed
01-20-2007, 07:18 AM,
Unearthed
A report for the Silgrad Underground News

All the news you didn't want the Empire to know but they found out anyways.

Flash: local archeologists unearth what appears to be the remains of an adolesent emperor crab. The discovery was made during escavation of the swampy area known as Deepen Moors located just northeast of Silgrad.

Citizens are astounded at the discovery.

A team of scholars has been called in to investigate this claim

the full story at 8

I think it will be retextured to give it a muddy, swampy, unearthed look and some moss too, I'll add in some support planks as well

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-20-2007, 11:14 AM,
RE: Unearthed
You are a naughty boy bob ####s - this is what we were discussing for the University initial stage building ... or is that what it is intended for?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-20-2007, 05:29 PM,
I know I am naughty, but in a good way Big Grin

Yes this is what is intended for
I placed the shell in a few different places to see how it would fit without disturbing to much of the existing terrain features
This was the best place for it. Its near Silgrad (just northeast) and in the forest as we discussed.

Off to the left, which is not in the picture their is a small clearing were I can raise up the land slightly and make it look like piles of dirt and muck which have been removed to reveal the shell.

Next step:

Their are 2 trees behind it, when removed, it will not up-set the terrain.
Also in the next stage we will need to raise the back of the shell and support it as well, currently the angle is such that it will not require much to bring it up and level it off better, I don't want to pull it completely out of the water.

Also as I stated previously I am going to re-texture it with muck and scum textures to give it the "been buried for a long time" look.

I can't make a new model but I am pretty confident that I can add some swamp debris to make it appear as if a small portion of the shell was broken/cracked.

Hows that so far?

Enjoy
Bob

01-21-2007, 12:45 PM,
:goodjob: :brew: hmmm, wonder what might happen if a necromancer was currently occupying part of it and 'reanimated' it? Big Grin
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

01-21-2007, 06:09 PM,

I think somewhere, lore mentions that the only Emperor Crab on Tamriel was in Ald'Ruhn, but in my opinion, this isn't necessarily breaking lore because this is obviously something previously unknown. Wink UNLESS it isn't an emperor crab shell... Ooooo... Big Grin
01-21-2007, 08:43 PM,

I don't recall ever reading that, but it very well maybe true, of course you are correct, not all is known.

Actually I didn't want the Emperor Crab, but do to the lack of new models for TES3 it was the only thing that fit for the purpose intended

HOWEVER Wizthis has done some really nice models of Redoran buildings and their are a few that might work just as well, and even if they don't I'm sure I can talk him into making something.

We shall see

Enjoy
Bob

01-22-2007, 12:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I think somewhere, lore mentions that the only Emperor Crab on Tamriel was in Ald'Ruhn, but in my opinion, this isn't necessarily breaking lore because this is obviously something previously unknown. Wink UNLESS it isn't an emperor crab shell... Ooooo... Big Grin

Can there be a genus with only one example?

I suspect that your Lore is speculation or comment on what had been found. and I would be interested to know when it was written, etc ...

Anyhows, we call this an adolescent - it will be nowhere near the size of the one at Ald'Ruhn. Next is that Tamriel is a continent, and one must suppose therefore that the Ald'Ruhn came to Tamriel from somewhere else, and we may ask ourselves why? Maybe the answer is it was looking for its child ... ;( such a tradgedy ...

I have checked TIL and the nearest I came up with are "Ancient Extinct" and "Mudcrab Titan" - both fan fic so I think we are clear to continue with this ...

Name that source please TID
Steven Erikson.

02-05-2007, 05:00 AM,
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
:goodjob: :brew: hmmm, wonder what might happen if a necromancer was currently occupying part of it and 'reanimated' it? Big Grin

This sounds interesting ! what is your idea for that or is it just a passing thought ?

Smile
Bob

04-18-2007, 03:11 PM,
sounds more like a hint to me !!!...**you know wink, wink, nudge, nudge**...
+- Alex Cain -+