Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update from Rickious
09-11-2008, 09:37 PM,

Regarding guild questlines... it shouldn't be too much of a problem with the marsh regions. According to the lore almost nobody goes there except for the tribal argonians anyway. Between hypothetical releases 1 and 2 it would be more of a problem, but we could always add in the Guilds with release 2 (it's probably a good idea to save something fairly major for number 2 anyway). I'm sure there are ways we can work around it if we plan carefully.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the plan for Helstrom (or at least Kukulza's plan) was that the city visited in Arena isn't the same as the one we'll include, which is the of "lost city of the Argonians" mentioned in Redguard and contains the Eye of Argonia, whatever that is. Basically he made that up because the Arena Hellstrom was very boring. Kukulza's retcon was that the Arena version was an imperial colony named after the legendary city, that's now abandoned and a ruin in the swamps. Is that still what we're thinking of doing? Because I thought it sounded awesome as an idea.

By the way, Ibsen's Ghost has managed to find some amazing mangroves by Koniption:

http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/attachment.p...ntid=14166

We could really use those. Perhaps you could ask Razorwing if we could use them?

Koniption also made this amazing resource pack full of great swamp and jungle plants:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18961
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-11-2008, 09:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
...some amazing mangroves by Koniption...

Yes, but I, or you, would have to clear that with koniption as well, I think. She did an excellent job of them, I think.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-11-2008, 09:59 PM,

Regarding guild questlines... it shouldn't be too much of a problem with the marsh regions. According to the lore almost nobody goes there except for the tribal argonians anyway. Between hypothetical releases 1 and 2 it would be more of a problem, but we could always add in the Guilds with release 2 (it's probably a good idea to save something fairly major for number 2 anyway). I'm sure there are ways we can work around it if we plan carefully.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the plan for Helstrom (or at least Kukulza's plan) was that the city visited in Arena isn't the same as the one we'll include, which is the of "lost city of the Argonians" mentioned in Redguard and contains the Eye of Argonia, whatever that is. Basically he made that up because the Arena Hellstrom was very boring. Kukulza's retcon was that the Arena version was an imperial colony named after the legendary city, that's now abandoned and a ruin in the swamps. Is that still what we're thinking of doing? Because I thought it sounded awesome as an idea.

By the way, Ibsen's Ghost has managed to find some amazing mangroves by Koniption:

http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/attachment.p...ntid=14166

We could really use those. Perhaps you could ask Razorwing if we could use them?

Koniption also made this amazing resource pack full of great swamp and jungle plants:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18961

Yes, clear it with Koniption too.

Yes, I suppose. I guess we could add a few more quests in the 3rd installment with continuations of some guilds.

Helstrom isn't based off of Arena for us, at all. It needs to be grand, and a perfect showing of Black Marsh by itself. If I remember correctly, Helstrom is a bit like Murkwood, only it is the capital, and it hasn't been seen by outsiders in a very long time. Helstrom is the original, although we may make an imperial version, and then after you finish a certain quest in that town you are invited to enter the real city of legend. There are soooo many ideas that I want to incorporate, that I might just open a thread to place my ideas in, along with finalized details.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
09-11-2008, 10:20 PM,

Good plan. We definitely need to summarise all of the lore and plans for Helstrom. I had some ideas of my own (and dug up some old ones from the forums) that we might be able to incorporate. This is going to be the Vivec of Black Marsh - the city that really stands out and sticks in the player's memory!

I reckon our priority though ought to be making a checklist of stuff for the first release.

09-11-2008, 10:28 PM,

Good plan. We definitely need to summarise all of the lore and plans for Helstrom. I had some ideas of my own (and dug up some old ones from the forums) that we might be able to incorporate. This is going to be the Vivec of Black Marsh - the city that really stands out and sticks in the player's memory!

I reckon our priority though ought to be making a checklist of stuff for the first release.

Both very good ideas. Plus it'll make players who stick out the entire quest line rewarded richly.

I plan on making a list pretty soon. :goodjob:
09-11-2008, 10:33 PM,

Good. I should also dig out that revised big list of Black Marsh plants that I was working on. There's a lot about the Hist that I put together from the old threads in the forums. I particularly liked the idea put forward a while ago that Helstrom is actually a gigantic, sentient organism (the biggest and oldest of the Hist, the "Eye of Argonia").

I'll post the list up once I've edited it and then we can run through it and discuss how to get hold of what still needs to be done.

Once we have a better idea of where we are now and what we'll be releasing, I'll add a progress update page to the website, plus a ton of more screenshots, then we can "launch" it on the Bethsoft forums.

BTW I just asked Razorwing and Koniption (they were having a talk over at Skyrim) if we could use the mangroves. I'll get back to you on that.

09-12-2008, 12:59 AM,

Tlo, Koniption said yes to us using the mangroves and sent me a copy of the files.

I will send it to the email address given on your profile, OK?

09-12-2008, 02:04 AM,

Tlo, Koniption said yes to us using the mangroves and sent me a copy of the files.

I will send it to the email address given on your profile, OK?

Okay, cool. :goodjob:
09-12-2008, 05:57 AM,

Long Life for BM! Smile
09-12-2008, 11:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
Long Life for BM! Smile

I second that!

Tlo, please let me know if you got the mangroves and that they work. I'm afraid I don't know enough about texturing to get them into the game.