Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-27-2008, 07:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by captain-ultima
not quite the forge, but rather Here

Thanks, I thought you sent them by PM and then they are merged into the main esm, Anyway great Job, cant wait to see them in action.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-27-2008, 09:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Spectacular Captain :goodjob:
Thank you
Thanks, i try my best

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Thanks, I thought you sent them by PM and then they are merged into the main esm, Anyway great Job, cant wait to see them in action.
I did PM the .esp's, these files contain the assets only, aka the meshes and textures needed.
11-27-2008, 09:16 PM,

Thats what I thought, I also thought I would not get to see your work and be able to get it until the next silgrad release. Glad I was wrong Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-27-2008, 09:22 PM,

If you don't mind a bit of critique, there's something I'd like to point out. Or rather, something that points itself out. That is, the shoulder/torso cloth is looking rather low res, but from thew look of things I might guess that it's the UV map that's causing this.

While I understand that it's not a problem when the ghost shader is used, if we are going to use any dwemer npcs for whatever reason, I think that it would lower the overall impression.

Also, perhaps these guys are deserving of their own custom shader. I'm thinking that toning down the transparent effect so as to show a bit more detail. I know that there is a shader editor in the CS, though admittedly I've never really messed around with it.

Before I end on a negative, I'll say that I do really like the overall effect that you've achieved with these (especially the beard Smile).

Just a couple of suggestions.
11-27-2008, 09:59 PM,

Of coure i wont mind, critique is always good.

I do agree that the cloth does need a better texture, it wont be hardd to do but since i dont like opening the 3d studio, since usually if i get something to work another thing goes haywire. SO if a time comes where it's needed i fix it.

as for the custom shader, i do agree on them showing more detail but the ghost effect comes from a scripted spell. Because of this im not sure if its possible to create a new ghost spell that would show more detai, but if anyones able to do so i would be more than willing to rig my ghosts use that spell.

and thanks for the positive feedback too.
11-27-2008, 10:32 PM,

as for the custom shader, I do agree on them showing more detail but the ghost effect comes from a scripted spell. Because of this I'm not sure if its possible to create a new ghost spell that would show more detai, but if anyones able to do so I would be more than willing to rig my ghosts use that spell.
This is what I mean, the ghost spell references a shader. Somewhere in the CS, there is the necessary shader editor (I know I've seen it, I just can't recall where), which allows for a variety of different shader types (e.g. particle, membrane). I do believe a custom shader is entirely possible, it's just a case of messing with the parameters until we end up with something that looks good.
11-28-2008, 09:57 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
as for the custom shader, I do agree on them showing more detail but the ghost effect comes from a scripted spell. Because of this I'm not sure if its possible to create a new ghost spell that would show more detai, but if anyones able to do so I would be more than willing to rig my ghosts use that spell.
This is what I mean, the ghost spell references a shader. Somewhere in the CS, there is the necessary shader editor (I know I've seen it, I just can't recall where), which allows for a variety of different shader types (e.g. particle, membrane). I do believe a custom shader is entirely possible, it's just a case of messing with the parameters until we end up with something that looks good.
I did find find the Shader editor and even the ghost shader in there BUT if i edit the original ghost shader it will effect all ghosts in the entire game and as far as i understood we at silgrad dont want to change the origina game at all. Thus i would need someone to make a new ghost spell that links the NPC to the new shader as the original is also done via scripted spell, there is a spell called AbGhostNPC that gives NPC's the ghost look by linking them to the shader. Im not too good with even the simplest of scripts you see.
11-28-2008, 10:33 AM,

Upload your esp, or jus attach it to a post and I will set up a new spell and shader, though you will need to adjust the shader becuase I will make a copy of the original, I will also change the scripts to include the new spell.