Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampire Hunters (limited faction)
02-28-2006, 07:37 PM,
Vampire Hunters (limited faction)
supposing Vampire hunters will be an actual faction...

The Vampire Hunters of Vvardenfell are a loose group of expert vampire hunters bent on the elimination of the Vampires left on Vvardenfell. On Vvardenfell, there are three Vampire bloodlines, Aundae the Altmeri clan, Quarra the Nord clan, and Berne the Imperial clan. The Vampire Hunters hunt them down where-ever they may be.
The Guild is from the Redoran but anyone can join. There is a limited questline. You cannot easily reach the highest rank as that is reserved for that Redoran clan. The clan is the Vando Clan led by Ano Vando.
However, members can rise second to that rank.
The ranks are:
Seeker, Molagmer, Cleasner, Night-hunter, Gah-kilmin

as a seeker, one quest is available to you:
find and kill the Berne vampire lingering around Lake Amaya. This young Vampire ambushes pilgrims going to the Fields of Kummu
as a Molagmer, two quests are open to you:
1) help the Aharasaplit Tribe with an Aundae vampire that has been hexing and attacking tribesmen
2) kill a Quarra vampire in Ald Reydania, s/he is a Nord and is disguised... you must find who is the vampire and kill him/her to end the menace
as a Cleanser, one quest is open to you:
Kill the Ancient of one of the Vampire clans. Ashmelech is known of, and Druscanti can be found by asking the Urshilaku. The Berne Clan HQ of Galom Deus can be found by asking Master Uvirith of Tel Uvirith although he is not fond of divulging information about his surroundings. The Urshilkau will willingly tell you where Druscanti is, Ano Vando himself knows where Ashmelech is, and Uvirith may require some persuasion or bribery.
as a Night Hunter, your quest is to hunt vampires. After you slay one, bring back its fang, heart, or dust for a reward of gold. Eventually after killing enough vampires, Ano Vando will decide to retire his position to you.

Should you ever become a vampire, you will be periodically hunted by a Vampire Hunter, sometimes assisted by a Buoyant Armiger or an Ordinator. They will be the same level as you and well armed.
After surviving 5 attacks as a vampire, the Hunters will sent you a letter detailing how to get rid of Vampirism... unfortunately it is a difficult and dangerous task. You may be permanently damaged or impaired.
If you do not undertake the quest to cure yourself of Vampirism, the Hunters will send a large party to exterminate you and you will die, if you do not after that large assault, they will give up hunting you.

so if you want a Guild were you kill baddies, get rewards, and don't have to get too involved or anything, this could be your Guild. Of course, it is not an easy occupation, as you are fighting Vampires.

as always, suggestions and comments welcome
02-28-2006, 09:24 PM,

Yay! He liked my old disguised vampire in town idea! He's got my vote.
02-28-2006, 10:01 PM,

I like the idea of a joinable Vampire Hunter faction, though I have a few minor qualms. For one, I inferred from Morrowind that the instances involved in a vampirism cure were secret and very exclusive to the player seeking them. Of course if anyone were to know of a cure, it would most likely be the vampire hunters, but I would still imagine that they would not know the exact details involved in obtaining it.

Also, I disagree with the idea of having them attempt to persistently exterminate you. While it does add a touch of realism and the possibility for interesting situations, I think it would easily become exceedingly annoying. I would imagine they would not waste resources attempting to slay a random and very young vampire in specific. I think, though this really depends on how much can be done with RAI, the best option would be to have them single the player out specifically should the player happen to be a particularly evil or cruel vampire who performs random acts of violence and does not attempt to hide their disease. In reality, I would not mind this aspect's inclusion, but I really dislike the idea of having them send a large and, for the majority of players, infallible force of soldiers to destroy the player, should they not seek the cure once they have reached that point. Not only would this annoy players who are trying to enjoy the vampire quests or lifestyle, but it also seems like a controlling aspect simply for the sake of stern power that has no place in a game of such varying freedom like those in the TES series.

Aside from these small problems, I really like the idea of this faction, and my only other disagreement is that there are so few quests Wink, though that is understandable considering the limited population of vampires that will appear in the mod.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
02-28-2006, 10:04 PM,

well, reality is reality.... but how would you like it? suggestions?
02-28-2006, 10:14 PM,

It would certainly be one of my favorite factions. I always liked the idea of a hunter-type faction, honorable and discreet in their dealings and teachings while maintaining a consistently powerful and almost romantic ideology in the minds of the population. The Vampire Hunters are an ancient tradition that has existed for the sole purpose of exterminating their age-old nemesises while constantly adopting new and modern ideas and outlooks. In a sense, they are the role-models that most TES children would look up to; the unatainable elite warriors that all aspire to be yet few actually achieve, and I can say that the ability to become one is something many players will enjoy having available.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
03-01-2006, 12:59 AM,

I love this idea ( Any thing Vampiric is good in my book). But why dont we make this a smidge more elaborate?

Shouldnt a Hunter have to do something like kill a vampire first, then is allowed in? Like the Brotherhood?

Shouldnt the hunter have a partner. I always saw hunters as having back up since a Vampire is stronger, faster etc.
03-01-2006, 01:58 AM,

I like the fact that this is open-ended. You can do the quests and then turn it into a "regular" job by going hunting and getting paid for your kills.

I'd love to see something like that for another more normal type of wildlife also, with a lot lower pay.
03-01-2006, 02:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
I love this idea ( Any thing Vampiric is good in my book). But why dont we make this a smidge more elaborate?

Shouldnt a Hunter have to do something like kill a vampire first, then is allowed in? Like the Brotherhood?

Shouldnt the hunter have a partner. I always saw hunters as having back up since a Vampire is stronger, faster etc.
1. elaborate? with what we have here, its already lots of work with the other factions... hoe about this is what it will be and if we can do more we will.... alright? Wink
2. good point, maybe we should have something like that, like after you kill a Vampire they send you a letter
3. ha, a shalk... shalks in TES3 had fire... Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
I like the fact that this is open-ended. You can do the quests and then turn it into a "regular" job by going hunting and getting paid for your kills.

I'd love to see something like that for another more normal type of wildlife also, with a lot lower pay.
couldn't you do that in town related quests? or do you mean more like an occupation?
03-01-2006, 02:35 AM,

What was the shalk bit about?

Wait, I think i get it. Shalks have fire, vampires dont like fire! Dude, a little bug is the Vampires worst enemy
03-01-2006, 02:56 AM,

I mean like an occupation. As in there are certain people who specially trade in pelts, skins, etc and who will pay and give notoriety for those that are brought in. This is sort of already in place with all misc vendors, but I mean specifically maybe five or so specialty traders, maybe they pay slightly more for such items than a normal store-owner too.