Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veranis hall
06-19-2009, 09:20 PM,

I didn't know a part of the landmass was used only for LOD. This makes the situation a bit more complex.
The map Bethesda released is official , but then again far from what vvardenfell looks like. Note that the names are changed, and the shape even too.
The other maps are based on arena and other information.
06-21-2009, 05:14 AM,
Velothi Mountains' Place Names
Greetings!The ST project is incredible! You are all doing exceptional work with Silgrad and its surrounds. :goodjob: Originally, Veranis Hall was called Verarchen Hall (in TES1: Arena). In the official Bethesda map it is labeled as Veranis Hall. Of course on this same map Balmora is Stonewood, etc., etc. My preference was to call in Veranis Hall as the word 'verarchen' exists (and I still don't know what it language or its meaning...).If my memory serves me, there is little or no lore related to the place other than the Bethesda maps. So should someone decide to create it you won't be limited by lore constraints. In my TES3 version, it was a "frontier" town - mixed races of the adventurous sort who prefered not to have outsiders ask too many questions.Also, further south there is Omaynia/Karththdor Dale (which we changed to Karthor Dale in the TR project).One important note: on the TR map you will see a village named Bodrum - that is a location and name that comes from a fair amount of TES3 lore.Also on the TR map is Septim's Gate - which I simply made up... no lore. Hla Ruhn was also created from thin air...There is some lore on the Velothi Mountains, but little of it would constrain any creativity.Now that you've read through a bunch of trivia... continue with your excellent work!All the best,Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
06-22-2009, 03:23 AM,

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Before_the_Ages_of_Man

Velothi Mountains lore (Dwemer)
06-22-2009, 08:08 AM,

Hello Ben, thanks for the information. Smile

It's always interesting to know how names were created and added to a mod.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-22-2009, 02:29 PM,

just a related note, the majority of the names on that map dont exist in modern TR. the towns were either moved, renamed, or removed completely to comply better with lore, logic, and gameplay.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-22-2009, 02:46 PM,

It's good to see you back here again Ben! And thankyou for the information you supplied, it was an interesting read Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-28-2009, 02:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
just a related note, the majority of the names on that map dont exist in modern TR. the towns were either moved, renamed, or removed completely to comply better with lore, logic, and gameplay.

Indeed, Lady Nerevar. I recently looked through the TR project... Kragenmoor is going Hlaalu! Poor Redorans... they've lost their chief city. If they keep revising again and again, they'll never finish... It seems to me that TR's emphasis is less on lore and more on gameplay. But what they have finished looks good.

Good to see Silgrad doing so well. My heart is still here.

Be well,

Ben