Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Village: Ald Tarnabye
01-31-2011, 06:29 AM,

Here is a picture of the manor model with a retextured roof and fachwerkrot. The roof now has patches of snow on it while the fachwerkrot is now violet as red didn't fit in with the snowy landscape. Please ignore the white missing textures as they will show up normal in game, I only loaded the wood frame and white stone wall textures for comparison, thnif has a lot of textures and I can't be bothered loading all of them for a showcase.
Please tell me any changes you would like done and wether I should update the Shornhelm set to the new textures, (If so I would retexture more of the cities meshes to make it more unique) which are currently just daggerfall copies or create a new object for this manor only.
After I have finished the exterior of the village I would be very Interested in working on the other cities textures. In fact, If you really wanted to sell Camlorn's "Medieval Germany" look mentioned in the Camlorn screenshots thread, I have some awesome pictures of that style of building in my old German language textbook. There is a nice picture of Munichs Frauenkirche if you wanted me to look at the Abbey, look it up on wikipedia if you need to as thats what I think of when I see the Abbey picture, minus the domes and the bright orange roof at the back.
SA
01-31-2011, 07:34 AM,

If you could update the whole of the Shornhelm set that would be great! I really like the look of what you've done so far.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-01-2011, 07:47 AM,

Here is a preview of all the textures Ive done for the Shornhelm Upperclass set, feel free to recomend changes.
1. Showcase of all textures in the one screenshot, cooler and duller coloured fachwerk, darker and more atmospheric foundation stone, redone roof, recoloured and reframed windows.
2. Blue Fachwerk and new local stone base
3. Upperclass windows with polished bronze frames and dull blue stained glass.
4. More Fachwerk Colours, and a close-up of the local wood roof with snow. There is a minor problem with the texture mapping that causes snow to appear under the overhang. Only noticable if you're looking straight up at the roof.
5. Roof without snow, same wood as the snow roof, and the overhang problem is resolved.
Alternatively I can alternate between snow covered and and plain roofs when assigning textures to a) add variety and b) conceal the overhang problem by covering the roofs that are out of the way eg, Oriels. making the problem would be even harder to spot.
Anyway, I hope you like them.
SA
02-01-2011, 07:57 AM,

Those pictures are looking really good. I think the overhang problem is just something we may have to live with (unless I can find a way to edit the mesh to assign that area a separate section). But for now feel free to go with it.

02-01-2011, 08:03 AM,

Great!
A quick question, Do you want me to modify the lower class vilage set In any way? I'm not sure if it is already unique.
Edit: Also do you mind if I create a new, more elven church texture for the village church? The current one doesn't feel like a place for Y'ffre.
02-01-2011, 08:35 AM,

If you would like to do either of those things, please feel free! You would need to duplicate the lower class village set, because it is also used for the LC district in Shornhelm.

02-01-2011, 02:06 PM,

I've redone the Turil Church to be more fit for Magnus and Y'ffre (the elven gods, hence the new set will becalled the Elven Church), and maybe a few others. The exterior stones and roof tiles have beentheined Blue-Green and Blue respectively. There are new windows, though the detailed circular one is hard to see, maybe you can find uses for them elsewhere, they are retex's of the Chorrol Mages guild windows in Stendarr Aqua and Blue. The interior features new windows, lightly plasted walls in a mossy-grey colour, stained Blue Stone doorframes (I'm not too keen on these, but I needed something to offset the room), and a new rosewood roof.
I haven't touched the LC Village set but if you wan't me to add snow to them I will.
SA
02-01-2011, 02:28 PM,

That does look a lot more appropriate. Nicely done!

A snowy set of the village houses would be very useful, particularly if you could vary the rest of the textures as well (it would make Shornhelm stand out from the villages more)

02-14-2011, 11:55 PM,

An update, please?

03-01-2011, 02:25 PM,

Sorry it took so long.......................................................................
to get back to you, real life kind of chewed up my time, and my hard drive(It's fine). :bash:
When I saw the update request I was going to post, Finished, but I couldn't stop tweaking, stoping and loading a back-up's. So I'm going to upload everything when I figure out how or rather where to.
Checklist
Village Exterior-Done
Cluttering-Only farm crops and some sheep
Shornhelm set update-Done(that took a while)
Elven Church-Int and Ext Done, but the Ext looks bad In game so I'm going to copy and tweek the original a bit as a replacement and scrap the Ext.

I'd like to move on as I can't realy clutter the village until more of the sorrounding landscapes and towns are finished, otherwise it would look out of place.

SA

Ps There's something I've forgotten to mention or tell you but I can;t remember what. Confusedhrug: