Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintra's meshes
08-03-2010, 04:11 PM,

Alternatively you could perhaps do the entire walls for the city as a single piece then break it up into sections? Dunno how feasible that would be.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-03-2010, 06:25 PM,

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that we'd change our minds about the shape when it's too late! Could make some quite large sections, though.
Morcroft Darkes
08-04-2010, 12:04 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
I think it's pretty much guaranteed that we'd change our minds about the shape when it's too late! Could make some quite large sections, though.

No Deeza makes an excellent point, making the cities walls as a whole, then slicing them up into seperate models (and then putting them back together in the CS) is a very good way about going about this, and was the way I intended to make the walls myself when I was working on the architeture set. And the shape of the city won't change, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Also, the current wall set can be used in the settlements of Nu-Mariit, Sheeraln, Kri'Dar and possibly others too, so it's definetly not going to waste -and please keep the same textures! The walls look great, and the textures should be kept (also it shows they are similar to Riverhold's walls, which is a good thing).
08-04-2010, 10:10 AM,

Sorry TOYB, but where are those places again? Are they the renamed minor towns and villages from Arena? Is there a map somewhere?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-04-2010, 08:53 PM,

Sheeraln is a town near Riverhold mentioned in TIC, and the other two are renamed Arena settlements near Riverhold. Don't have access to the map atm, as the Internet is playing up.
01-25-2011, 10:07 PM,
Bump
Vintra, did you ever finish these wall meshes off? I think the verdict here was that they'd be pretty good for Sheeraln (just West of Riverhold) so if you fixed that problem you had then I'd like to include them.

BTW - I do have your boat, it's just not in the current alpha release. Will include it soon.
Morcroft Darkes
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM,

morcroft:
I have a total new computer now, and i've lost every old files. So no, i dont have Riverhold files. But it was a pretty simple stuff, i think any modeller can make much better than mine.

edit: I sent every finished stuff to you guys since i left for some time.
01-25-2011, 10:22 PM,

OK - no worries. We'll address that again when we look at the Riverhold area.

Thanks anyhow.
Morcroft Darkes