Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtue - Talking Sword [WIP]
03-20-2007, 08:57 AM,
Virtue - Talking Sword [WIP]
I have started this new thread since this is one of my babies now and is taking up alot of my time, I have overhauled the whole scripting of this weapon and WOW it works better. If you did not play the original i put up then you will not notice a thing but if you did, you should notice more reponses and less repeating f the responses.

I have also added some improvements to the sword, like the ability to level up as the player does, in truth this is not exactly what i want but it is still a work in progress so maybe after some time i can get what i want out of it. With this ability to level up the sword ggets stronger as the player does, well not exactly the same (Yet), what happens is the sword will get stronger and faster as it levels up and also it grants the player more abilities and bonuses. One thing i noticed when trying this mod is that you cannot use the console to level up and get the best sword, it only works if you properly level up which is a bonus.

I have also improved on the flagship ability that no other mods have included into a sword like this and that was the kin slayer ability. In the last version i tried adding in some specific commentary based on the creature as well as extra damage to certain creatures, well this is vastly improved but more changes are on the way, one change is that the sword will start with a basic kin slayer ability and as he levels it will get stronger and expand in the amount of damage it cause and the creatures it does extra damage to, also it will have different visal effects dependant on the type of creature and the elemental weaknesess it has. Example when you attack a Troll, it is weak against fire so it does extra damage plus it shows a fire visual because of its weakness.

Well there is one thing that i added now this was someone elses idea but it just added extra to Virtue and it needs OBSE to work but the mod works without it you just won't get this ability. The ability is being able to re-charge the enchantments every few seconds. The original script is from flyfightflea and has been modified by me to just work with Virtue.

There are two special additions to this weapon, Change Weapon and change enchantment:

Change Weapon:

Now this is a spell that when cast will read what level sword the player has and change it into a 2 handed variant at the same level. It wil also change back when the spell is cast again. The player will get this spell at a higher level.

Change Enchantment:

This is a spell that when cast will change the enchantment that Virtue currently has, but there is a twist, the encantment is random and you will not be sure which one you will get. I think this is fun but might not get used by people. It does not work with 2 handed weapons at the moment. The player will get this spell at a higher level.

The enchantments are Fire, Ice, Shock and Silence.

Maybe there is room for a blind enchantment, hmmmmm.

Any ideas on what could be added or improved.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-20-2007, 10:02 AM,

Also to note, i have now set this up so what he says only appears once within a certain time limit, so you should see more variations in what he says.

Seniosh: Not sure why the spells target you, i must have set them wrong, i will take a look.

Edit: I have released this version publicly just to get some more feedback from others, also i have only released one mod. The special stuff that like quests will be saved for Dumac City, he he heee. Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-21-2007, 08:59 AM,

I have found a few bugs that i am cureently fixing so a bug fix release will be up by the end of the week.

If you have tested this and found bugs please post them here so they can be fixed.
03-22-2007, 09:49 AM,

I will upload V 1.0.0.2 tomorrow, you will need to know this before hand.

I have been bug fixing and have foun d quite a few, to name some it would be spells that target the player instead of the enemy, anyway these are fixed. Also the sword has been placed in the IC Market District, this is only temporary.

To play you will need the sword breaker and place them in the files like this:

Meshes\ST\Dumac City\Sword Breaker
Textures\ST\Dumac City\Sword Breaker

(Link to be added)

This is becuase i am changing ISP or internet service provider and it will be at least four weeks before it can be put on or so they are saying.

On to the next part, i have started to implement leveled kin slayer, so this will start of only working against some creatures and as the sword levels it will learn the weaknesses of the creatures i.e do more damage becuase of this. I think this will take time to implement becuase the scripts need changing and making better, also i will be changing the visual effects based on the creatures weakness.

I have started the scripting for levelled kin slayer, i ahve decided to make it so Virtue leans creature weaknesses every five levels, this way i write less scripts and he learns more making him better in the process.

I fixed up the scripting and now the player will be able to change the weapon from 1 handed to 2 handed straight away, this also means the sword will level up no matter if its 1 or 2 handed. The script still only goes to level 10. I am working on the script for level 20.
03-26-2007, 02:25 AM,

This entire talking sword was insanity's idea from start to incompletion. It's not at all essential to have in Dumac, and there are vastly more important things to be done. Thus, this is a pointless thread.

[edit] Ok, Insanity's going to finish this, so i brought this back. Didn't expect him to be back so soon when i put it away in the archives. Sorry bout that
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-29-2007, 08:32 AM,

Now worries, i have decided to close this and open a fresh one when i am ready for a beta testing of the sword, so expect a new thread soon.
03-30-2007, 10:02 AM,

Thread removed, a new one will emerge when i return fully soon enough.