Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vistamorn
05-10-2008, 12:31 AM,
Vistamorn
Decided to go a little differently with Vistamorn. I've been working on it and hated the simple Redoran village with huts and destroyed the whole thing. I'm going to go with a pirate village who's ships torment the whole of Morrowind. Make it into a type of Port Royal but not as large. So putting it into a quest point:

- Since the plague upon Vvardenfell is now over, trade has resumed to the large island. As a result, pirates have taken the old fishing village of Vistamorn as a base of operation to raid ships heading to and from there. The village has grown but remained quiet due to it being close to Blacklight. The pirates are able to use the village as a source of repairing weapons and armor, buying the newest pieces, getting drunk at taverns, and you know what else (if you don't, you are too young). The last part won't be used as one of the areas of questing or elsewise but you know what I'm getting at. Now to decide on Evenshore Smile
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
05-10-2008, 09:35 AM,
RE: Vistamorn
I like this new concept. Smile
It's much more interesting for the player.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-10-2008, 09:52 AM,
RE: Vistamorn
I like this

Any chance of getting the Legio Argonis involved in helping to extract the pirates ? (Its a dream I have) Big Grin

As far as Evenshore goes I think it would be nice to keep it a quiet small fishing dock Confusedhrug:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-10-2008, 09:55 AM,

We could do it. But Evenshore has to be a part of Operation Chaos (new post coming about it).

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
05-12-2008, 09:01 PM,

WHy should the legio argonis be involved. Blacklight is too far away from argonia. and even far from dumac.
05-12-2008, 10:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
WHy should the legio argonis be involved. Blacklight is too far away from argonia. and even far from dumac.

The Legio Argonis is in Silgrad Landmass, on the south of Latrys Island, they have a fort their and have been figting off pirates for the Imperials for some time now

Here is some info on it, theirs more in the Archives, it would take some digging

Legio Argonis plans

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-15-2008, 08:05 AM,

Blacklight may be a little too far north for this suggestion but I thought I'd make you aware of this idea: Potential Reward for Quest Developers seeing as there is a strong naval connection where the NPC concerned might well become part of a pirate-related quest. Ever played 'Secret of Monkey Island'?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-15-2008, 10:15 AM,

Interesting, was reading your post about raising undead NPC's for a ship but I never played Secrets of Monkey Island. Can you give some more info about it.

05-15-2008, 12:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Rodan
Interesting, was reading your post about raising undead NPC's for a ship but I never played Secrets of Monkey Island. Can you give some more info about it.

Sure, although it's probably not going to be of tremendous use, really. I was just indicating the Caribbean connection, where stories of pirates were common, to Haitian voodoo practices. Secret of Monkey Island was a game that exploited this connection to great effect. It also revolutionised modern gaming and, to oldies like me, it was one of those games that you can go all glossy-eyed over and start smiling inanely about.

It was basically a graphic adventure by LucasArts (i.e. George Lucas' firm) that had oodles of playability and charm. Of particular significance was the legendary way that you won a sword-fight with pirates by trading insults and, if the insult matched to the most 'cutting' response, you won a round. Just thinking about it makes me have to discipline myself to not go hunting for a PC version right now. Anyway, the main 'bad guy' was LeChuck, a pirate risen from the dead who makes the most out of a lot of old pirate tales in the style of Robert Louis Stevenson's 'Treasure Island'. Without which, 'Pirates of the Caribbean' would have never have never come about to claim all the glory for itself. Personally, I don't like the first film so I didn't bother with the rest but, apparently, 'Monkey Island' was inspired by the Disneyland ride as well. 'Secret of Monkey Island' was the first indication that games could appeal to an older audience, due to its general wit, style and intelligence. Just like Johnny Depp lifts the films above ordinary action fests!

Anyway, if you'd like to read the diary that my NPC is based on then you can do so over here: Diary of a Redguard Necromancer - Anaster Marrowmir . Beware, it's quite long for a diary! However, it could be adapted if you wished to use Vistamorn as a location. The only slight problem is that the 'Black Marsh' team have now taken to the idea, offering to develop the NPC a little more because they already have some ideas for Argonian voodoo planned out, and it may be better, in terms of the storyline and ideal swamp location, to use Anaster closer to that region. The problem is that, geographically speaking, this is opposite to Vistamorn. However, pirates are pirates and they sail around coasts in ships (bet you didn't know that!) so I guess they could set up a port anywhere around Morrowind. It may even become a rather neat teleportation option to get from North-West Morrowind to South-East by travelling in pirate ship...if so, we could do with a few cliffs and caves around the (Azura?) coastline, especially where there is an inlet between Almalexia and Kithendis Falls. A cove would be perfect but you'd need to speak with whoever is claiming that area of landscape. Sandor could certainly advise on that.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-15-2008, 08:14 PM,

The ship teleportation is a definite yes. Going from city to city via boat is an automatic. To go by pirate ship, you are giving me ideas (an extremely dangerous notion). Smile