Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visual weirdness ?
03-02-2006, 05:07 AM,
Visual weirdness ?
Hi, a first post.

I ddl the latest version of ST and installed. When I load the savegame, some chars have what looks like a yellow rd box around them with a grey exclamation mark inside !!

Has anyone seen this? It didn't happen with an older version of ST I had first.
War, war changes everything...
03-02-2006, 05:14 AM,

Hi francois, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

The exclamation marks you mention are caused when NIF files aren't in the directory the .esp thinks they should be in. Did you perhaps download another release than the one on Silgrad Tower's download page? If you downloaded that, could you doublecheck so all the files got extracted into the right folders?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-02-2006, 05:21 AM,

Hi razorwing

I'm well into the game already and then installed an older version of ST, 0.8.9.a and it worked fine. I played for a while then found your site with the latest release.

I just installed the latest version, I think correctly, and then loaded up and saw the weirdness.

Is there anything particular I need to look out for when installing? Do I need to start a new game?
03-02-2006, 05:34 AM,

Aah, kk. There's usually problems when one continues to play with the same character after updating to a new version of our mod. It's because the save game still remembers a lot of stuff from the old version of the mod. So it might be best to start a new game, or hang on with playing the new version until you feel up to starting a new character. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-02-2006, 06:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
... it might be best to start a new game, or hang on with playing the new version until you feel up to starting a new character. Smile

Thanx for the advice.