Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivec, Helseth & Barenzia is alive, says BlueDev
01-11-2006, 04:18 AM,
Vivec, Helseth & Barenzia is alive, says BlueDev
I ran into this post on ESF recently and thought it might be good info, because it highlights why lore considers Vivec to be the ony surviving God-king at the start of Oblivion, and that Helseth is still King of Morrowind. Almalexia and Sotha Sil would be dead in the official timeline.

Quote:Originally posted by BlueDev
I would hardly consider Helseth weak. I would call him one of the most dangerous characters to ever exist in Elder Scrolls lore. That's just my opinion, though. He's always fascinated me. He's a character with power, ambition, and complex (and often conflicting) motivations. He's also got strong people surrounding him. I love the guy.

As for some folks having killed him in Tribunal: That's always a difficult thing to deal with. I look at it this way -- unless a character dies as part of a quest, he's "officially" alive. Therefore, Helseth, Barenziah, and Vivec are all technically alive in the Elder Scrolls world. Well, at least as far as you all know.... Wink
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-11-2006, 08:04 AM,

I believe we're dealing here with the official endings and actions in TES?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-11-2006, 11:58 AM,

Basically the people that survived in the Morrowind (whom the player may have or may not have killed) to make it into Oblivion. In other words, yes.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-11-2006, 01:44 PM,

Yup. If a character dies as part of the main quests in Morrowind and its expansions they are considered dead in the official timeline. I also read something about BlueDev thinking about writing a book for TES4 revolving around Helseth and what happened to him after the events in Tribunal. I hope it mentions Barenziah as well, she's my favourite fictional character... and the only official one we know of to ever grace the grounds of Silgrad Tower :elk:
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
01-11-2006, 03:16 PM,

ya know i'm not sure anyone was really worried about those three being dead...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-11-2006, 03:41 PM,

Yeah, not any of us 'normal' people anyway... Some wouldn't be too happy that Vivec is alive and kickin' after they slaughtered him in his own temple a few times... :no:
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-11-2006, 08:57 PM,

Have to agree on this one.
01-11-2006, 10:16 PM,

Well, might be good to have the dev quote at hand in case newbies join your team and start arguing with you over it, or so I thought.
Angel mired in filth
01-12-2006, 12:56 AM,

well I had expected them all to be alive anyhow... a confirmation is good... :yes:
01-24-2006, 10:37 PM,

It will be ''fun'' whipping them all out again.