Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice Acting
04-01-2006, 02:52 PM,
Voice Acting
It was suggested that I post on this forum regarding voice acting. I'll repost what i put on the TES forums and will be putting together some samples. Unfortunately I have no way to host them, so if anyone is interested, just contact me and I will send them over to you. Suffice it to say I'd love to put my voice into the Silgrad Tower mod.

Here is a link to the original thread:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...21387&st=0
There's No Kill Like Overkill
04-01-2006, 03:32 PM,
RE: Voice Acting
Awesome. Welcome to Silgrad Tower, Edgefilm!
:wave:

It would be great to have you work with us. Go ahead and send them on over.
noremorse@silgrad.com

The actual recording of dialogue will not really begin until we have a least a few quests finished. I do not want to call on an actor/actress too many times, as it will take too much time. Not to mention that some actors (just like some modders) will quit, sometimes without notice.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-01-2006, 03:55 PM,

Welcome to Silgrad Tower, Edgefilm!
:wave:

Voice workers are highly welcome to our halls, and their contributions will add a lot of depth for players. =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-02-2006, 09:27 AM,

Thanks,

Noremorse, I'm sending you those files now. There's a whole bunch...so...look out!

EDIT: Okay, sent. There are three emails total.

Hmm, seems the first two didn't go through...odd. I'll try again
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM,

These are great Edgefilm. You do accents very well. I especially liked the Indian one, but you're right about not really wanting to use it in any practical sense. Wink

Here's some that stand out to me:

I loved the high elf sounds, and the wood elf's. I'm not so fond of the dark elf ones though, I don't think your voice is deep enough for it.

The NasalCockney.mp3 was also pretty good. I can see using that voice for a special character.

I like all your American accents too, though I don't think they'll be used here. Now, I want to do a Bill and Ted mod.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-02-2006, 12:32 PM,

Can you post some samples please...? Big Grin

Beside the quest dialogues there are a lot of generic voice files which you have to do like greetings, combat, persuasion responses, merchants responses and so on.
Squirrel, squirrel, canst thou see? There?s a Snow Elf behind thee!
04-02-2006, 01:58 PM,

Well, Dark Elves also require a gravel filter (or something close). The pitch itself seems to vary. it was high in morrowind, but is lower in oblivion. But no, its not my best, hehe.

Thanks for the feedback.

If someone can tell me how to host the samples I will definately post some of them.

As for generic dialogue, that stuff is no problem and have already done some ad lib for a few mods (mostly fight taunts).
04-02-2006, 02:14 PM,

Feel free to upload them to the Audio Album in our Gallery, either zipped or as normal mp3's. You'll have to register, but it only takes a few seconds. Right now it only has music, but that's because no one has uploaded voice work to it.

It seems that dark elves in Oblivion sound different than they did in Morrowind. Personally I prefer the whisky-and-cigar cracked voices of Morrowind though, they add character I think. If it's possible to make that happen that would be awesome in my opinion. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-02-2006, 02:15 PM,

If you can make mp3 files just attach them to your post. Since the voice files in OB are 65 kb/sec mono (if I remember correctly), they are rather small and should fit.
Squirrel, squirrel, canst thou see? There?s a Snow Elf behind thee!
04-02-2006, 02:33 PM,

Yes, pleese upload! I would really like to hear some voices other than my own on here. Big Grin