Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice Acting: Mimicing Oblivion Voice Actors or Not?
04-03-2006, 09:41 AM,
Voice Acting: Mimicing Oblivion Voice Actors or Not?
I noticed the majority of people that want to voice act are trying to mimic the voice actors from Oblivion, but shouldnt characters have different voices?
04-03-2006, 10:13 AM,
RE: Voice Acting: Mimicing Oblivion Voice Actors or Not?
They will have different voices, but in most cases it is a good thing to mimick them considering most of the npc's will be generic.

Dark elf males, for instance, have deep cracked voices (in MW), so the new Silgrad dark elves should have a similarly deep cracked voice.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
04-03-2006, 08:06 PM,
RE: Voice Acting: Mimicing Oblivion Voice Actors or Not?
cor! my chance for fame. at llaaast. ummm, now where did I leave my voice crackers?...?....theyr'e around here somewhere I'm sure...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
04-03-2006, 10:07 PM,

Never! Those Dark Elf voices shall be mine! MUHUHUHAHAHAKHACK@#$C*coughsputtercoughcough* ... man I need to stop smoking.

Jk, I would never smoke for an acting role.... unless it was really good. Big Grin

But seriously, I have been practicing that Dark Elf voice I posted before, it has alot more emotion now.
04-03-2006, 10:31 PM,

muhahaha, pawned. MY dark elf voice has NO emotion whatsoever! :lmao:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
04-05-2006, 07:55 AM,

If you are doing a specific, quest-integral character, they should have a unique voice with only inflections of their stereotype, but generic dialogue should try and be as authentic as possible. That's my take on it. Strong character equals a good performance. There is a huge difference between mimicry and actual acting.
There's No Kill Like Overkill
04-08-2006, 07:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly
Never! Those Dark Elf voices shall be mine! MUHUHUHAHAHAKHACK@#$C*coughsputtercoughcough* ... man I need to stop smoking.

Jk, I would never smoke for an acting role.... unless it was really good. Big Grin

But seriously, I have been practicing that Dark Elf voice I posted before, it has a lot more emotion now.

If you lower the pitch of your Dark Elf voice by 2 semi-tones (1/6 of an octave), it sounds very much like the TES3 Dunmer voice.