Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice Actor Application
03-01-2008, 06:51 AM,
Voice Actor Application
Hello, I just registered on the forum, and I'd like to apply as a voice actor for your Silgrad Tower mod for Oblivion. I am a fan of Oblivion myself, and I'm also a good actor. So, I decided to apply as a voice actor for Oblivion's Silgrad Tower mod. Are you okay with that?
03-01-2008, 07:15 AM,

As The Voice Guy, I bid you welcome. Smile If you like, you can post some samples of your work on a thread on the Acoustic Development forum or PM them to me. I'll PM you my somewhat lengthy "what we're trying to do with voice acting here" message.

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: I think you may need to check your inbox (or spam bucket) for your registration confirmation. Until that is completed, you cannot receive PMs. Smile
03-01-2008, 08:44 AM,

The only problem is, I've got Version 2 of the Construction Set, so as a result, I can't generate lip files. Maybe, if I send what I've worked on in the future, you could then find the earlier version and generate lip files for the NPC who's supposed to say that line of dialogue? Thanks!
03-01-2008, 09:13 AM,

That's fine. It's pure bonus if a voice actor gives me LIP anyway. Big Grin I can generate those files here.

If you are handy with the CS, we are also looking for interiors, exteriors and especially dungeons. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
03-01-2008, 09:38 AM,

I'd rather prefer providing character voices if you don't mind! So, how do I get the private version of the mod so I can work on it?
03-01-2008, 10:38 AM,

NP if you'd like to be just a VA. We do need some samples though. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
03-01-2008, 11:36 AM,

Well, can you provide me a script that I can work on? Any Imperial or Breton dialogue I can work on? Thanks!
03-02-2008, 01:41 AM,

I still cannot PM you, so I'll send it via this thread. Here are a few lines spoken by Imperial Imperial Smile Legion soldiers in Steadhelm. The first field is the file name, the second is an emotional guide, and the part in quotes is the actual line.

Have fun,
Steve
03-02-2008, 03:34 AM,

I've done some of the script you gave me, but I'm unable to send them because the maximum file size for uploading an attachment is 500 KB. How can I upload them?
03-02-2008, 06:57 AM,

Do you have a file compression tool like WinZip or 7-Zip? That should compress the WAVs enough to allow for posting. You can also mail things to my Yahoo address.

HTH,
Steve