Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice acting tread for the Abecean isles
02-08-2009, 11:31 AM,

Honestly, when I heard the little gnome voice, I really really did regret to let him die on the ship. Just by his voice, he's already become my favorite actor ingame. It makes him unique. I'm sure there'll have to be alot of work done for him, if we want him to keep the heavy irish accent. And I'm also sure, some people may like the second style better. But in general, I think lots of people will like that voice, it add's a little plus to the fun factor of the game Smile
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
02-08-2009, 11:59 AM,

okay, then we keep the first one..

Drmccoy@
you think it would be possiable to give EVERY charector in the mod new voices??

i mean greatings and rumor topics?
or that might be to big a job?
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM,

Well .. greetings won't be the problem. That's just a hell of a boring work. But it's possible. About rumors.

Thing is: The rumor topic is actually not present in the whole dialogue system (or I haven't found it so far). So I have no idea how to change it. But I might be able to find a tutorial or some help for it. Give me some time to find it out, I'll tell you.

Nevertheless, wether it's possible or not, it'll be a hell of a work .. but possible :yes:
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
02-08-2009, 12:19 PM,

you think you will be up for it??

if we wanna make this mod perfect every charector should have its own voice..

- voice actors arent a problem..
i am still awaiting some lines from two female voice actors...

one of them has a flu so we have to waite,
the other one however should have the lines ready tomorrow.
02-08-2009, 04:50 PM,

Just thought you'd know that I've found voice acting management a real bitch in the past. You tend not to get a great deal of genuinely reliable VAs unless you look around at other mods for the real hardcore VAs. Good luck, guys!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-08-2009, 05:00 PM,

thanks ibsen..

i dont think it would be such a big problem to find VAs but more finding VAs with real talent..
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM,

I found out how to alter the rumors. If you want it done for every NPC ingame, it'll take some time, but i'll do it. I just want to put this rather at the end of our to-do list. Maybe we should ask windsurfer if he's in for it first?
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
02-08-2009, 10:10 PM,

yeah, we should ask him first.
02-08-2009, 10:21 PM,

I really like the idea. Im just wondering about compatibility? Altering lots of Npc's will create alot of issues. Like you said thats at the end of the mod and is just making the mod more polished. We could make it as an extra .esp if we have time.

There are a few things i need to do aswell. Like sort out the script for the fish. Although its already done from my AliveWaters mod. Sort out the trees. Add more coral. Maybe add a couple more plants. Icons for some of the new stuff.
02-08-2009, 10:27 PM,

yeah, but i dont think it would conflict with anything, since we only edit our own NPCs and not any vanilla ones..

i secound that we need to clutter up the landscape abit more..
and fix, the trees.
i wish we could fix the cullusion on that big tree.