Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice actor looking to help
07-05-2006, 06:35 PM,
Voice actor looking to help
Greetings. I stumbled upon this looking through the CS Wiki, and figured I'd offer my services. I can do any male voice you want, and can also attempt to do female voices (probably for Argonian/Khajiit, I can TRY to be more feminine but it usually just sounds 'gay')

If anyone wants a sample, just give me a line and whatever race you want me to impersonate and I'll record something and upload it.

Hope I can help out with this, it looks like a well-planned operation.
07-05-2006, 09:31 PM,
RE: Voice actor looking to help
Quote:Originally posted by Bahamut
Hope I can help out with this, it looks like a well-planned operation.

Oh, it is! We will gladly accept any help you can offer to us. Welcome to Silgrad Tower!

:wave:
07-05-2006, 11:45 PM,
Welcome Bahamut!

I'm sure they will want to hear some of your work. I believe you can also claim voicework in the "claims" section. (Not sure about that though.) We need a talented voice actor, so double WELCOME!
/*************************************
** Tunester the Bard **
* for fun and love! *
**********************************/
07-06-2006, 02:04 AM,
Hi Bahamut, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!

Might I suggest you create a plugin with an interior cell the player can coc to, and fill it with as many placeholder NPCs as you like, with each NPC showcasing the different voices you can do? Because something like that answers a lot of questions in one go; that you can create mp3 and lip file pairs, that the technical quality of the recordings are good, and which written dialogue would be appropriate.

Other than that, I don't think we have a specific person on the team who is responsible for voice work yet, so it's a "free for all". For Reich Parkeep for instance I tend to suggest downloading the latest Alpha and investigate which characters haven't been voiced yet. I wrote a little article on how to record voice work from dialogue lines directly from the main esm which might be interesting to check out.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-08-2006, 07:45 AM,

Alright, I tried my hand at making an interior cell, but the NPC's don't seem to be working properly. However, I have managed to get some dialogue recorded, and I'm pretty sure I've got the lip files down ok.

I'm linking the mod to this post. If anyone would be so kind as to take a look at it, and tell me what on Earth I'm doing wrong, I'd be very grateful. I'd really like to help out with this project, so the sooner I figure out this whole CS thing, the quicker I can start proper work.

The mod is HERE

Thanks in advance, folks.
07-08-2006, 02:58 PM,

I checked out the clips and I thought your Nord voice was really great - very commanding [Image: icon16.gif] It does sound like your mouth is too close to the mike though, which causes a few muffled clicks. Usually it doesn't have to be very close, an arm's length often works (at least with my microphone, I think). Not too sure about the Khajiiti clips, but the greeting gave me a good laugh.

Perhaps the Skyrim for Oblivion might have something for you to voice work? Seeing as there's plenty of Nords there, hehe. Or Steadhelm maybe, perhaps there are Nords living there who could be voiced... best to check with DarkAsmodeous on that one. If nothing else maybe those projects have an open claim you can mod, and so you could weave your voice work into that mod? Not that there isn't plenty to mod in Reich Parkeep/Soluthis, but we mostly have dark elves living there. Quite a lot of them.

I didn't check your esp I'm afraid but I spotted one thing that seems like an error; the khajiit clips were in the argonian folder. They have to be in the same folder as the race & gender they are to be spoken by, otherwise they won't play. The wav's aren't needed after they've been converted to mp3's by the way =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-08-2006, 04:55 PM,

I wasn't too concerned for the quality of the recordings for the purpose of this first mod; this was more to train myself how to do it more than getting a professional-quality sound.

And that's really weird about the Argonian thing, considering that's the filename it gave me . . .

As far as voices are concerned, I can do Dark Elf. Are we going for the gravel-y Morrowind accent or the current Oblivion generic-Elf accent? Or is it different depending on the history of the NPC (Native or Outlander)?

Also, I know this doesn't concern acoustic development, but do you know why my NPC's are falling through the floor?