Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voices and music, how to add???
07-06-2009, 01:31 PM,
Voices and music, how to add???
We at valenwood is in greatly need of help.

the thing is that we have both music and voices already. but we have no idea which file type the sounds should be, nor how to add them to the game.

anybody with experience in this field??
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM,
RE: Voices and music, how to add???
Hi simonp92. One of the voice guys I am sure will be able to answer any question regarding this topic but I will give it a try until then.

In the CS select the text you have written. You'll notice that a file name and path have already been listed under 'voice filename' but with no file as of yet.

You can create a voice file by using the record option and then saving which will create the file and path as written. You could also create a voice file outside of the CS and use the file name and path as written.

A lip file will also need to be created but I am not sure on how to do that. I have also never created voices but the CS layout is simple enough.
07-06-2009, 03:44 PM,

There's a bit o' prep work required in getting externally supplied voice files in-game, in terms of format, file name and location. What do you have so far? Let me know and I can outline the procedure.

Music works totally differently; sandor is probably the person to ask about that.

In case the VW team is interested, Casey has done a full Generic dialogue set for Bosmer in Morrowind style; check out Clendil's vid on YouTube. If there is interest, then we can figure out which type of Bosmer should sound like that and I can graft his work onto a VW dialogue quest.

HTH,
Steve
07-06-2009, 05:24 PM,

Thanks for the replies you two.

the file type of the voice is Wav, atliest those we have at the momemt..

will any file type do?? or do you have to be a specific type??

EDIT; and what to do when the voices arent directed at the player but at another NPC??

- Think we could use casey, i like that high bosmer voice.
07-06-2009, 06:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by simonp92
Thanks for the replies you two.

the file type of the voice is Wav, atliest those we have at the momemt..

will any file type do?? or do you have to be a specific type??

EDIT; and what to do when the voices aren't directed at the player but at another NPC??

- Think we could use casey, I like that high bosmer voice.

I believe mp3 would be the best option.

The voices will be heard when the line of text is spoken, remember it is attached to the text. Who speaks it is conditioned by 'GetIsID' within the CS and the particular line of text.
07-06-2009, 10:51 PM,

MP3s are needed for Oblivion to "speak," but WAVs are needed for LIP generation. Make sure the WAVs are mono, 64kbps and 44100Hz. Since OB is very particular with the MP3 format, I use the mp3encode script; it and lame.exe would be included, except I guess no attachments in this forum. ?( One note there: make sure the files are already named in OB style or you end up with files of type .wav.mp3. Big Grin

For VA mechanics and technique, I recommend Ibsen's Ghost's tutorial. For LIP file generation, I very recently posted a tutorial using TES4Gecko with CS 1.0 on BSF.

HTH,
Steve
07-07-2009, 09:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by simonp92
EDIT; and what to do when the voices aren't directed at the player but at another NPC??
You have to add these through the conversation tab.

Regarding the in-game music.

It's best to use an activator (scripted) and add these to the desired cells.

Code:
ScriptName XXXX
; Created by Axen http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/profile.php?userid=1094

Begin GameMode
If (GetInSameCell player == 1)

If STMusicTimer > 0
Set STMusicTimer to STMusicTimer - GetSecondsPassed
Else
Set STMusicPlaying to 0
Set STMusicTimer to -1
EndIf

If STMusicPlaying == 0
Set STMusicTimer to 206
StreamMusic "Data\Music\Silgrad\ReichParkeep.mp3"
Set STMusicPlaying to 1
EndIf
EndIf

End

Just adjust the timer and add the title (mp3).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-07-2009, 09:51 AM,

Thanks all. i will se if i can figure it out.