Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vvar - The Three Traitors
04-12-2007, 07:03 PM,

It can be considered as a sort of propaganda thing, to spur on the Dagoth beleifs of the Tribunal. If it was WWII just say, and you were looking at a propaganda poster that said "Join the military, we can beat the enemies", that isn't as convincing as "Join the military, YOU can beat the enemies", do you see where I'm coming from? If you have a sixth house poem, you want it to empower and glorify the Sixth House, as they wouldn't want to beleive that only Dagoth Ur can kill them, but since they all look down on the Tribunal, they ALL can kill them.

It doesn't need to be completely accurate to how it happened, as I'm sure whether Sotha Sil said anything or not really isn't worth discussing. The Dreugh part is also a lore-based event I think where Molag Bal kidnapped Vivec the man-god/warrior-poet/other stuff and had his way with him.
Lol what?
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM,

its all realated yea, you guessed at many of my intentions...

however it would only make sense that... the fall of Lie Rock would destroy a lot of Morrowind (destroy Vivec City, causes tidal waves and earthquakes) and much of Morrowind woul dbe killed in the catstrophe. Only the deeply entranched Dagoths, the Ashlanders, and the watery Dreugh (coincidentally all enemies of Vivec) woul dhave a better chnce of survival since they'll be ;less affected by the catastrophe... however that is IF they survive...

it is made to be prophetic, inspiring to the enemies of Vivec, and disheartening to his supporters
the origins go way back but the writing is more recent... thus it is propaganda as well as prophecy in a way
04-13-2007, 04:20 AM,

So how would the rock fall? If Vivec died? That would be quite an impressive, yet lore-breaking event.
Lol what?
04-13-2007, 04:48 AM,

if Vivec died... the Dunmer people's love for him would begin to fade
without a real entity it is hard to love, when it is hard to love, fewer people love
and when the love diminishes... the rock will fall...

the Dreugh, the Dagoths, the Ashlanders, Molag Bal... they can all think on the long term...
the Ashlanders have been laying low, waiting and hoping fo rthe decline of the Houses and the Temple... the Dagoths need the Temple (their most formidable enemy) to be gone... the Dreugh just wait in their waters... and Molag Bal is a Daedric Prince, time is on his side
04-13-2007, 05:58 AM,

I think the meagre responses has more to do with low interest in literature in general rather than anything to do with the quality of writing. Some folks, myself included, just don't equate reading with fun. I recognize the importance of books, and I really like the concept of them being in the game and our mods - I just don't enjoy reading. Confusedhrug:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM,

surprisingly I know what you mean... I'm not a huge reader either....
but i feels it is a necessity to add depth and lore to the world... and though I'm not a great writer and don't like reading all that much... it helps my writing skills, does good fo rthe mod, and makes me correct myself in revisions
05-19-2007, 04:03 AM,

good :goodjob: