Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vvardenfell's Main quest
02-04-2006, 04:30 AM,

sounds good to me... if there is to be an anti-Helseth element, just make a good potential-storyline ...it could even go along with the Great House War idea... but just make a good arguement for it
02-04-2006, 03:55 PM,

thats the message i was trying to get across :yes:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-05-2006, 05:44 AM,

NOTE: this is an idea, changes can be made and suggestion will definitely be considered!
I HAVE A GREAT IDEA! :rofl:
We can combine the Helseth, the Atronach, and the Great House War, all of it!
alright... things to know before I begin:
1- the player has to advance far enough in a faction to "trigger" the Great House War*
2- The Great House War can begin with an issue with Helseth, that causes trouble, maybe his politics start it!*
3- the Atronachs can be an omen that war is coming, interpreted by the Ashlanders*
4- Battles will be downsized to fit in TES4, but still have the feel of large battle
5- to prevent furthur bloodshed, the Great House have agreed not to escalate the war on the mainland (after the first few battles, the Ghouses do not wish to see that much death on their own lands, and agree on keeping it a local war in Vvardenfell)
6- All the Houses intend on quick victory
*therefore, it is better to start with a mini-MQ with Atronachs, then Helseth's politics lead to more conflict... which will later lead to war (as soon as the PC get to that point is his/her faction of choice)

Atronach Mini-MQ:
Vivec sends you a second invitation. He tells you that he senses a disturbance in the outer realms. It is very faint (and he is no longer a god) so he is not sure. But he says to find the three Elemental Monarchs of Flame, Frost, and Storm. You, after much questing, eventually find that the Frost Atronach Monarch is hidden in a frozen Daedric Shrine north of the Sheogorad, the Storm is west of Gnaar Mok in a cave on a isle, and the Flame is in the Molag Amur. You can either kill these guys outright or talk to them. However they will attack you soon after your dialogue. You discover that they prophsized that a war will come... and they had initiated a ritual... and the wheel has begun turning. After you finish talking to/killing the Monarchs, there will be a cutscene, where a small meteor plummets into Red Mt. The volcano stirs and for a few days, all that is in the sky is ash. the Sky is blood red. When you return to Vivec he will ask you to go find the wisewoman of the Ahemmusa, very well-versed in omens and Daedric rituals. She will tell you that is is an oman of war. A large catastrophic war will take place on Vvardenfell. She says that the wheels of fate are turning and only the power of the ancestors can aid us (blablabla) and that it will be hard to stop it.
You return to Vivec with the news and he says he fears the worst. He goes with you to retrieve his tokens of war: his legendary silver Longsword from the Puzzle Canal, his spiked Shield in Ghostgate, his ebony spear hidden in Tel Mora (underneath), and his ash-mask from Gnisis. as you go with him, each item retrived by you two will reward you wilth a spell. Vivec's Panacea, Vivec's Anger, Vivec's Touch, Vivec's Wit. You will also pick up his Dremora friends Krazzt (from the Puzzle Canal).
(see attached pic 1)
Comment: as you can see, this is a very miniature version of my original Atronach plan

Helseth Mini-MQ:
The Nerevarine has noticed rising tensions coming between the Great Houses of Morrowind, the conflicts originating from events in Vvardenfell. Therefore, in the Grand Council Chambers of Ebonheart, he calls together a Second Grand Council of Morrowind. The leader of the Nords, betmer, ashkhans, Duke Vedam Dren, Ralos Venim, Raynasa Rethan, Aryon's Mouth, an Indoril Councilor, and a Dres councilor meet in the Chambers. Out side, the Duke's Guards patrol and maintain top security. The council debates and argues on issues such as disappearing ebony profits, land encroachment, etc. The Hlaalu blame the Redoran for collaborating to steal ebony-profits. the Redoran are insulted, and their allies along with them. While this is going on, Assassins from an unknown guild attack the guards, and are trying to get in the Chambers. You and the guards fight them off and kill every last one of them. Afterwards, you report it to Duke Vedam Dren who suspects that it is Helseth's doing. He claims that Helseth wishes to do away with all the strong leaders. The Duke is afraid that Helseth wished to oust him and implace a puppet-duke so that he can control Vvardenfell affairs. He also notes that he knows for a fact the Redoran did not steal ebony-profits but he cannot say who did. He knows that Helseth is too clever to be caught, but says maybe the smuggler-thieves can be. You track down the ebony-stealers from a hidden cave near Vivec, to a small island, to a secret port on the mainland. Along the way, agents and assassins try to stop you and you fight every step of the way, from agents trying to hijack your boat ride, to them jumping you when you arrive at a port; some of the guards are dressed in Redoran clothing but are mostly outlanders. Eventually, you find a list of orders on a paper and directions. And the one possessing of it is a Royal Courier, who was killed by the assassins out of necessity. Though the agents have been stopped and the root of the increased hostility discovered, the common people still have their animosities and the issues only heat up as the Imperial Authorities cannot disclose the information as they have no way to prove it, and are blackmailed by unknown agents. The atmosphere is very tense and the Nerevarine, exasperated by the squabbling of the Council, disbands in and goes to live with the Urshilaku. The underground wars between the guilds comes to a conclusion (before Great House War).
Comment: the plot is all Helseth's and he not only hopes to apporpriate ebony-profit but also wants to either start a war to weaken the colonies of Vvardenfell or assassinate all the strong leaders; he does this so that either way he can indirectly control.

The Great House War (main quest)
Rumors of an Indoril-Dres army mobilizing is heard in Vvardenfell. The large army is already gathered although no war is declared. The hlaalu decide it is time to gather their hirelings. Bands of mercenaries are seen at every town. The Telvanni send warriors to guard every hold of theirs. The Redoran marshall their people and train and arm themselves. Ashlanders are raiding more often and so are betmer and Nords. The Indoril-Redoran-Dres Triple Alliance is announced. The Hlaalu-Imperial Alliance is made, Nords officially side with the Hlaalu-Imperial. The Telvanni announce that they will not consent to to encroachment of their claim lands and made official military alliances with betmer and ashlanders.

{war-plans---> go to bottom}
NOTE: the Ghouses may plan, by they don't all work when the three are all fighting each other.

(here you fight on your side, only in certain battles as quests)

Indoril-Dres army mobilizing
Bandits in the Gash raid a Hlaalu caravan, the merchant goes back to Balmora and say the Redoran attacked him
Hlaalu-Imperial Alliance declares war on Triple Alliance and Telvanni Alliance
taken by surprise, the Redoran call for help before the Indoril-Dres army is fully mobilize
Nords raid Redoran and Telvanni sea-side towns; betmer and Ashlanders raid Hlaalu, Nords, and Redoran
Redoran enact their attack plan, troops are gathered.
Imperials and Hlaalu set up a blockade to stop Indoril-Dres army from landing in the Ascadian Isles
The bloackade is surprisingly driven off because of fog and also because the Dres dragged along 30 galleys overland, the reason for their slow mobilization
The Nords prevent mainland Redoran from reaching Vvardenfell
Suran is attacked by Redoran from Marandus; Hlaalu coastal defenses are attacked from behind by roaming Ashlander warbands pillaging the Ascadian Isles.
Indoril-Dres army lands in one piece southeast of Vivec.
Hawkmoth Legion driven away infront of Vivec City, Indoril army allowed in by Ordinators.
Hawkmoth Legion forced to defend Ebonheart. Telvanni army besieges Molag Mar.
Shishi attacked by 6th House; Ghostgate Attacked by 6th House; Marandus attacked by 6th House
Hlaalu Legion deployed, Redoran from Aldruhn besiege Balmora. Hlaalu legion mostly dies but routes all of the Aldruhn army. Buckmoth Legion besieges Aldruhn
Telvanni attack Balmora but are driven away
Gnisis caught between ashlanders, betmer, and Imperials. Redoran drive off ashlanders and betmer. Imperials driven back inside their fort Darius
Argonians and Dreugh of Hlormaren attack Hla Oad and Odai, driven from Odai. 6th House attacks Nothryon Hold; attacks Tel Vos; attacks Fort Moonmoth
Nord town of Ald Redaynia attacked, betmer repelled, Siege of Valenvaryon (by Nords)
Telvanni attack Dagon Fell; Indoril besiege Ebonheart; Dres held up in mushroom forest of Azura's Coast; Valenvaryon stalemate; Sadrith Mora vs. Wolverine Hall; Aldruhn stalemate

(here is where the PC has to end this war)

6th House army gathers outside of Ghostgate, ready to pour out of Red Mt. region all over Vvardenfell
Vivec makes a ritual that activates the Ghostfence; angered, the 6th House forces attack Ghostgate
Buoyant Armiger-Ordinator-Urshilaku army defeats Telvanni, Triple, and Hlaalu-Imperials Alliance in three battles in the West Gash (Indrl.Redrn.Dres), Ascadian Isles (Hlaalu-Imprl.), and Grazelands (Telvanni)
---Triple Alliance Hortator gives PC his Indoril, Dres, and Redoran Hortator tokens
---Telvanni Hortator gives his hortator token, Zainab give an heriloom, betmer give a ceremonial war-ax
---Hlaalu hortator surrenders hortator token, Nord surrenders Fists of Rangadalf, Imperial Legion Consul gives hi sword
Nerevarine leads siege of Kogoruhn, stalemate
Vivec and PC gather an army of all the forces (now very decimated) and fight the 6th House, driving them back into Red Mt.
Vivec & PC fight and kill Dagoth Velos
Vivec says that the prophesy fulfilled, the war over, and the 6th House defeated but not destroyed for good

*as 6th House, you take part in its battles and the Battle of Ghostgate you and Dagoth Velos "kill" Vivec, he simply disappears once he is "killed"
Dagoth Velos shakes his head/tentacles and says that the false God is not dead, but has gone to another plane, and may not ever return.

Ghostfence disappears

{War Plans}
Triple Alliace:
The Redoran intend to gather their forces from their towns and train them prior to war. Ald Ruhn is fortified. The Redoran generals hope to rely on a lightning quick attack to force the Hlaalu-Imperials to submit early on. All Ashland forces will be gathered to march on Balmora whereas Gash forces will be mobilized to go down to Gnaar Mok, then Hla Oad, then the Odai Plateau. The garrison at Marandus will move down to sack Suran and then move on to pillage the Ascadian Isles. When the Indoril-Dres army arrives, they will crush Ebonheart or at least prevent the Hawkmoth legion from emerging and the majority of the Indoril-Dres army will move on. The Indoril will help aid the Redoran to take Balmora and the Dres will occupy the Ascadian Isles and move east to Molag Mar, ready to engage Telvanni. Once the Hlaalu are beaten, the Triple Alliance will turn on he Telvanni.
Hlaalu-Imperials:
The Legions will mobilize and get ready to besiege the towns that they are close to (Gnisis, Sadroth Mora, AldRuhn). The Legion also sets up coastal defenses in the Ascadian Isles and a combined navy of Hlaalu and Imperials will try to prevent the Indoril-Dres army from reaching Vvardenfell. The Nords will raid sea-side Redoran towns and Telvanni towns. Once these have been sufficiently weakened, they will gather and besiege Valenvaryon, overall capitol of the betmeri league. The Bitter Coast towns of Hla Oad and Gnaar Mok will recieve hirelings and form an army to march up to the Gash region. a Legion-Hlaalu army will march through the Gash into the central ashlands and be joined by the Buckmoth Legion to besiege Ald ruhn. Meanwhile the Hlaalu legion will be sent with some hirelings to take Sadrith Mora. The Hlaalu Legion will be used as support should any of the previous plans go wrong. Nords will be sent from Dagon Fell to ravage the Grazelands, burning grass, attacking camps, and killing Grazeland Velothi. They will said up the Samsi River to attack Gnisis, up the Odai to reinforce Balmora, and up the Nabia to attack Marndus. The Hlaalu hope to use their ability to wage a protracted war to choke their enemies to submission by occupying their lands long enough and preventing their allies from arriving.
Telvanni Alliance:
The Telvanni hope to force the others to withdraw using raids and guerilla tactics. Orcs from Valenvaryon will attack the Nord fort near Ald-Redaynia. Betmer of Rotheran will attack Dagon Fell. A Large Telvanni army will be gathered to march on Ebonheart. The Argonians + dreugh in Hlormaren will sack Hla Oad and Gnaar Mok; then they will turn on the Odai. Goblins from Molag Amur and other betmer in the mushroom forest will move to attack Molag Mar. Molag Amur tribes will move to pillage the Ascadian Isles and attack the coastal defenses. Telvanni army will besiege Ebonheart, then move on to Balmora (joined by betmer). Afterwards, they will march on Ald ruhn, with the help of Grazelanders who will travel across the ashlands to get to Ald-Ruhn ftom the southeast. The Telvanni cannot hope for victory in field battle, but they can ravage the others quick and well enough to prevent protracted war, in which case they will revert to guerilla tactics.

remember, this is a suggestion (VERY long one!) and is not concrete... please fell free to give suggestiosn or propose new ideas! (mine aren't also the best) Do not feel compelled to necessarily go with it. Snap me to reality if need be!
02-05-2006, 10:02 AM,

i like big epic wars, and as long as the floaty justice hall smashes into the earth im down for it Big Grin
If im not back in 5 minutes...wait longer
02-05-2006, 01:11 PM,

well, I think Baar Dan is supposed to fall IF the people stop loving the Tribunal (or VIvec).... so if the peopl elose all their faith, then the Tribunal is useless.... so then (because of the nature of Vivec's spell on it) it will colliding into the High Fane or Palace, utterly destroy it, and send shockwaves all over, tidal waves, earthquakes, etc.
but if Vivec helps to end the war, people will love him Big Grin

EDIT: seriously... some detailed suggestions would be nice... like commenting etc.
02-05-2006, 03:53 PM,

I didn't read all of it but,wow what a amazing storyline!
02-05-2006, 04:35 PM,

guys, cmon, just read it ALL and then tell me how it is... thanks Wink

EDIT: I know... its seems very long
probably like as much work making Vvardenfell land and buildings as it will to make this quest...

that's why it is 3 sections
land/structures, NPCs and quests, MQuest(s) :yes:
02-05-2006, 09:12 PM,

guys, c'mon, this is important! (5th post above this one)
02-05-2006, 09:59 PM,

Working on it, will comment on next visit.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
02-05-2006, 10:00 PM,

i really like it kukluza :goodjob:, i really like the idea of having to progress in a house first before the war breaks out, i also enjoyed the different tactics and stratigies used by each side.

also, you have many specific events going on here, we need a better way of keeping track of all the different moves somehow...

now, the places that i think need improvement are:

-the helseth story, it needs more player invovlment (or perhaps a simple re-write) i think it needs to be clearer how helseths maniplation leads to the war.

-there aren't different endings, i think that we should have four endings, one for each of the different alliances, your alliance always wins Wink (i'll do some writing/editing of my own later and see what you think)

-during the great house war why don't either the redoran or the telvanni cross the northern ashlanders to atteck each other? (or did i miss something?)

-i thought that the ghostfence couldn't be used ever again without the tribunal having their powers anymore...

will add more later...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"