Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP][BETA]Graphical Cell Conflict Viewer
03-24-2008, 03:32 PM,
[WIP][BETA]Graphical Cell Conflict Viewer
This is a small (and as yet unnamed) utility that allows modders and end-users to quickly see which cells a mod edits, and whether any mods try to edit the same cells. I could give you a list of features, but this screenshot should be fairly self explanatory.

[Image: GraphicalConflictViewer.png]

Obviously it needs a better name than 'Graphical Cell Conflict Viewer' so anyone who thinks of one can get a virtual cookie.
03-24-2008, 04:25 PM,

Hey, this is pretty useful! =) When are you going to release it?

As for a name... I think an abbreviation would work best. :yes: GCCV or maybe just CCV (Cell Conflict Viewer)?
03-24-2008, 04:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Hey, this is pretty useful! =) When are you going to release it?

As for a name... I think an abbreviation would work best. :yes: GCCV or maybe just CCV (Cell Conflict Viewer)?

I recommend 4 characters so it can be searched for at BSF eventually.

Steve
03-24-2008, 05:36 PM,

I didn't think of that. You're right, a name with at least four characters would be best.
03-25-2008, 12:54 AM,

GCCV sounds good to me. :goodjob:

Anyway, here's a quick beta release. Make sure to read the GCCV-README.htm file, as it contains instructions for installing and configuring the program. Please let me know if you can get it working and/or any bugs you encounter.

http://files.filefront.com/GCCVzip/;9883...einfo.html
03-25-2008, 08:38 PM,

1 download yay! Big Grin Would the person who downloaded it be kind enough to share whether they got it to work or not?
03-25-2008, 09:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
1 download yay! Big Grin Would the person who downloaded it be kind enough to share whether they got it to work or not?

Filefront's counter is sometimes a little bit off. Anyway, I downloaded the file, but I'm still stuck on getting Tcl up and running. :/ Still trying... doesn't sound like it should be tricky, but it is. Confusedhrug:
03-25-2008, 10:01 PM,

Hmm... ?( what exactly is the problem with Tcl? Does the installer not work or something like that? I linked to activestate Tcl as it should be easy to install, once you've downloaded it the default settings should all be fine. The only thing you may want to change is the install directory. There might be issues with Vista, I only tested whether it would run on other computers it by installing it on an ancient XP laptop.
03-25-2008, 10:30 PM,

Nevermind, I think I had the wrong file on my computer. I guess that happens when you're trying to install things at 2:00 in the morning. :O

I got GCCV working somewhat. I'm still figuring out how it works.
03-25-2008, 10:37 PM,

Cool, the UI design is pretty rough at the moment. Any suggested features/tweaks/improvements are definitely welcome.