Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] Dwemer Steam Centurion
05-05-2008, 04:48 PM,

Looks great sofar, looks just like the old centurion :applause: I find nothing to criticise, hope this will work out well.
05-07-2008, 04:35 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by BusterWolF
Its good, I like it. keep it up. There are some things need to be done more fluent but its still in progress so atm its looking nice. Yes
Quote:I'd be interested in knowing which parts you mean. It's quite tricky to spot mistakes after you've been staring at the mesh for hours.

It just looks abit too blocky, chamfer some edges. This is just a wip so i cant really say anything except keep going and nice work :goodjob:
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
05-07-2008, 11:04 AM,

Looking good, can't wait to see it in Oblivion
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-07-2008, 02:35 PM,

Quote:It just looks abit too blocky, chamfer some edges. This is just a wip so I cant really say anything except keep going and nice work Good job!
I'm am actually trying to retain some blockiness. While the Morrowind model may have been blocky due to the polygon budget, I believe it was also done so by design.

So, while I wish to retain some hard edges, I'll try chamfering some a little. Past experience with chamfering has always caused the mesh to collapse in some way, but I'll see what I can do.
05-07-2008, 03:49 PM,

Looking good :goodjob:

My only gripe so far is that the arms were a bit thicker in Morrowind.
Keep us updated Smile
What if...girls weren't picky?
05-07-2008, 06:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lord Grievous
Looking good :goodjob:

My only gripe so far is that the arms were a bit thicker in Morrowind.
Keep us updated Smile
Thanks.

If you look at the texture on the arms in Morrowind, you'll see that there are textured on pipes and wires. I thought it would be more worthwhile to model some of the detail, though I might encase the upper arms in some sort of armour to make them look a little more bulky. Wouldn't want this to turn into C3-P0. Hmm, perhaps if we give it a camp voice?
05-15-2008, 10:32 AM,

Any new progress with the models?
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-15-2008, 04:22 PM,

I've created most of the legs, the foot is giving me a little trouble. After that there'll be details to add, but that's about it.

I'm spending most of my time wrangling with animations for the Kwama Forager (or more sprecifically, exporting them). Everything works fine until I throw morphs into the mix, but SACarrow and myself are trying different methods to get them to work. Hopefully we'll have a fully working Kwama Forager soon.

On that note about morphs, will anyone be bothered if I leave out one attack for the Steam Centurion? It's the attack where it projects it's mace forward at you (at least, I think it had an attack like that). Once we get morphs working it'll be easy to add it in, but leaving it out would allow me to have this done sooner.

The other animations will probably be quite quick to make - it'll be texturing that takes the longest (or maybe particles Wink), but RideWithTheWind offered some textures for me to use, so it will likely be quicker than I expect.
05-15-2008, 05:37 PM,

Hmm looks really awesome,keep it up! :goodjob:
05-17-2008, 09:15 PM,

Quote:On that note about morphs, will anyone be bothered if I leave out one attack for the Steam Centurion? It's the attack where it projects it's mace forward at you (at least, I think it had an attack like that). Once we get morphs working it'll be easy to add it in, but leaving it out would allow me to have this done sooner.
Why have that as a morph? I would just have a mace bone.
AM NOT A TEXTURER