Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] Jungle Cuiriass
05-26-2007, 11:38 PM,
[WIP] Jungle Cuiriass
Here's a teaser for a model I'm working on for some highly impractacle wooden armour.

*clicky*

working on textures at the moment. Also, could do with some advice on the gauntlets (which I will do next)

Its between: this

or

this

your thoughts are much appreciated

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
05-27-2007, 12:19 AM,
RE: [WIP] Jungle Cuiriass
The cuirass looks nice :goodjob: As for the gauntlets, IMHO some form of bracer would look best, the type that covers the full forearm but stops at the wrist, leaving the hand bare. Maybe you could include some brightly coloured feathers or something in the textures? Nice so far though!
05-27-2007, 11:25 AM,

thanks. Perhaps the bamboo gauntlet but without the leather glove? And then some feathers worked in? Thanks for the advice.

Quick texturing question, is it possible to split the pauldrons and the arm piece into two seperate UV maps and then apply the two textures as materials to one object? Because of the way I modelled it the arm and the pauldrons are listed as one object.

Thanks much,

Edd
05-27-2007, 12:20 PM,

Yeah, just the bamboo bracer(without the leather glove) would be quite smart, and with the feathers mixed in. What kind of feathers you got in mind?

As for texturing i haven't got a clue, you'll have to wait for a texturer's advice :yes:
05-27-2007, 12:41 PM,

Very interestin idea :yes: - poss Lore and game tie-ins = which kind of Khajiit would make it and in what area of Elsweyr? And which kind of Khajiit would use it?

Do you think it would be better as a one/two-piece rounded object, or will it be made from sections? Will it be smoothely or roughly shaped?

If it is made from more than one from section how would they all fit together?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-27-2007, 12:43 PM,

yeh. But I think there may be a minnor huge inconvenience. My computer is refusing to run NifSkope. Which means I'm currently unable to sort out all those textury things anyways... Sad Sad Sad

Edd
05-27-2007, 07:07 PM,

There are alternative texture replacers out there.

I can't wait for this, nothing generates interest like armor.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
05-27-2007, 07:41 PM,

raggidman. The construction of the cuiriass is a lot more obvious with textures Smile The Breastplate and Pauldrons are wooden, possibly with steel bands as reinforcement and there is then an extra block of wood that extends down to cover the abdomen, which seems to be clouded in shadow in that screen, underneath is thick dark leather, or possibly fur, some kind of animal hide either way.

As for your questions on Khajiit. Depending on how it turns out it could easily be used as:

1. Ceremonial Guard armour (if it ends up looking polished and gleaming)

2. Jungle hunter armour, which may be more fitting, as alhough the cuiriass will look the quite professionally made and hand-crafted, the gauntlets and boots will be much more cobbled-together.

Thanks for the interest DA Smile Luckily shewter in his infinte knowledge has notified me about a possibly alternative to NifSkope, so that problem should soon be overcome Big Grin

EDIT: Update: Placeholder textures in Blender done, thought I'd put these up just so you guys get a better idea how it will look, I erased too much of the wood texture on the back so it looks a bit odd, and obviously the leather will be less shiny eventually.

Front

Back

Edd
05-29-2007, 06:26 PM,

Update: Working on getting semi-textured (will be refined) version of the cuirass into the game with my limited tools.

Also, know it doesnt really belong here but its cleaner than starting a new thread:

Render Shots and original Concept Art

Thoughts, as always, appreciated,

Edd
10-30-2008, 05:46 PM,

Is this finished? That looks cool!