Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walls and houses on marshlands cities?
05-22-2006, 07:56 PM,
Walls and houses on marshlands cities?
I wonder what they could be.. ive made 2 concepts for towns.. ideas for Soulrest which is so far even khajiit/imperial style influenced warm&rainy city on the eastern shore... and Blackrose which based on some maps has dry earth on it.. so i made it round shaped 4 towers and castle in very middle, which is surrounded by buildings and roads in circle patterns. It has almost black walls and is located in not very high hill with tropical surrounding more than marsh. Just ideas though..

so, now i wonder theres concepts for 2 cities already that dont really remind for marsh-style and true argonia.. those cities build on marsh should be next propably so we get some concepts for marshlands cities also..

how would walls and buildings be? on pillars or without? wooden walls or non-polished stone? wooden buildings/cheap stone? I even though would be quite brave decision make a city with kinda bush-wall (reminding ones from regular park-style mazes have) and wooden houses within.
05-22-2006, 08:30 PM,

I would have to say the amount of stones used in cities should be very limited. Remember, Argonia is a marsh and transporting large stone blocks would be near impossible. Any stone in the cities should be similar to what can be found in close proximity.
Wood would be the most common building material. Some will probably say, "But wood rots too easy in a marsh." But not if they cover it in sap! Sap is quite abundant in Argonia so sap covered lumber would be the most probable source of building material.
05-22-2006, 11:11 PM,

Yeah stone would be to hard to move around the marsh what about palisides which are wooden walls. They could be covered in sap like you said SF
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM,

ummm

I think me and D.Foxy or whomever, we made posts about this somewhere... and had huge discussion....
Argonian Architecture?

I have a concept of Helstrom in the works... I dunno, but when its complete... I'll show it...
05-24-2006, 09:44 AM,

Oh Okay Ill post there next time
05-24-2006, 05:10 PM,

No, post here. We need the discussion on THIS forum.
05-24-2006, 06:54 PM,

The wooden walls covered in sap as Remux suggested i think theyre must. Should be far most common walls in BM. Stone is found far more rarer on walls but exist so its not 100% wood.
05-24-2006, 10:17 PM,

Two things: having the walls coveredin sap was SF's idea and the Argonian Archeticture is in the same forum, just need to scroll down a bit from the main page and there it is!