Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wandering Ashlanders
04-12-2007, 01:15 AM,
Wandering Ashlanders
In TES III their were several ashlander camps (rarely more than one tent) that had little to do with quests that were supposedly nomadic. What about making them move camp to different locations depending on whatever environmental factors you think are applicable? (Herd movements, if no heard movements it would even be interesting if it were random.
04-12-2007, 01:26 AM,

this was discussed before, it was planned to have them be actually nomadic...
but I'm not sure to what extent we'll implement that... its possible we'll just give the small camps a few possible locations and every few weeks have the camp move to location A for awhile before moving camp...

for example... the Kaushtababi tribe might be in the mushroom forest in the southeast sometime... then right on the Azuras coast another time... and then near Molag Amur for trading and hunting at another season...
04-12-2007, 01:57 AM,

i propose we make them change with the seasons!
The rider in black is always watching......
04-12-2007, 02:02 AM,

Yeah, that kind of thing. You could also make various herds of animals wander around the grazelands and move some "hunting parties" to follow them.

Maybe their could even be a quest to take down some really fast and observant animal to gain their trust? Confusedhrug:
04-12-2007, 02:25 AM,

I think with scripts and such, it should definitely be possible to have nomadic camps. Possibly 3-5 locations for each tribe, and then having them move seasonally (which would be easiest)

I always love seeing the world shift! If you could have them follow the herds it would be just about as cool as it could get, especially if you have the ashlanders actually hunt the wild guar and other animals.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-12-2007, 02:31 AM,

mhm, sounds great

and I agree Hector... the herds and game must move with the seasons and thus the Ashlanders will too...
but it depends... there really aren't 'seasons' in the Ashlands...
but in the West Gash I bet there is a rainy season and a dry season... so they will stay around Ouada Samsi when its dry and move about in the highlands of the Gash when its the rainy season...
in the Grazelands I bet they WOULD follow game and herds as the environment is better for that...
and in the Molag Amur... hudding the coast or going inland to hunt I guess
04-12-2007, 02:40 AM,

Well, maybe they move for the change in scenery :lmao:!
The rider in black is always watching......
04-12-2007, 02:43 AM,

I hope this is possible, it would be great seeing the tribes and stuff moving to different locations. =)
04-12-2007, 10:28 PM,

It'd also be a unique experience to try to hunt as a group to take down something either really big or really smart. (Or both)