Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War-rom set up for G.H.W. MQ
02-27-2006, 11:12 PM,
War-rom set up for G.H.W. MQ
perhaps each side can have a war-room....
perhaps a special room in the Ald-ruhn Under Skar, Council Chambers.... and another hosted by Rethan in Odai Plateau... and perhaps another hosted in what used to be Gothren's tower....
  • and so basically you get the battles (quests) from the reps. at the war-rooms... through this, you will fight in the Great House War... and this way, you know exactly where to look for quests to fight in the battles
in the Ald Skar War Chamber, Venim, an Indoril representative, and a Dres representative will discuss military strategies... and give you specific battles... however, as you fight on the West Gash front, the Indoril hortator is fighting on the Telvanni front, and the Dres fighting on the Ascadian front...
in Odai Plateau, Rethan, a Nordic chief, and an Imperial general will discuss war plans there and each will give you specific battles as you are the Hortator... you will probably fight in the West Gash as well as the Ascadian Isles if answering to Rethan and Imperial general... and if reporting to the Nord, he will give you battles here and there where the vikings will raid...
and in Tel Aruhn, a Daedric, an Ashlander, an orc, an argonian, a khajit, and a goblin representative along with Aryon will discuss military plans... you will be given the Bitter Coast front if you talk to the Argonian, the Indoril-Telvanni front if you talk to the Daedric guy, the S. Ashland front if you talk to Ashlander, the N. Ashland Front if you talk to the orc... the goblin and Khajit both give you the Sheogorad front, depends on who you ask first... and Aryon will give you specific battles especially in defense...
  • each sides' campaign will be like 10-15? battles in all... with an ending battle at Balmora/Ebonheart/Ald-Reydania, or at Sadrith Mora/Valenvaryon/(Daedric base), or at Aldruhn/Ald Sotha/(Molag Amur or Telasero)...
02-28-2006, 12:13 AM,

Sounds like a good idea. I was just thinking of how all of the factions merging would work.
02-28-2006, 12:14 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
Sounds like a good idea. I was just thinking of how all of the factions merging would work.

perhaps you are automatically joined in a "faction" called Telvanni Alliance, or Triple Alliance, or Hlaalu-Imperial Alliance... or something of that sort?
that way you are all together?
I dunno, but those factions are allied anyhow eventually... before the war...
02-28-2006, 12:20 AM,

Yes, i was going to ask you about how the quests would be self dependent and effect others at the same time but that can wait.

But I personally thing the War room should be somewhere secretive and nonshelont(cant spell that). Maybe the Hlaalu is in the basement of a club, the redoran under a temple, Telvanni deep in a Daedric Ruin
02-28-2006, 12:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
Yes, I was going to ask you about how the quests would be self dependent and effect others at the same time but that can wait.

But I personally thing the War room should be somewhere secretive and nonshelont(cant spell that). Maybe the Hlaalu is in the basement of a club, the redoran under a temple, Telvanni deep in a Daedric Ruin

well, then again, they should be in an area of high leadership, being secretly hidden somewhere would be like hiding from your people. they want to hear you announce where the troops are going; or they might start having opinions....
and rulers don't like public opinion going against them
02-28-2006, 12:27 AM,

Also true, they arent guerilla soldiers (except maybe telvanni).

It does make sense for the Telvanni to be hidden in a Shrine. They arent a house of the people and that would allow them to communicate with the cults and Daedra easier
02-28-2006, 12:57 AM,

alright.... so Telvanni could have their war room somewhere secret...
but the others are more politically conventional eh? :yes:
03-01-2006, 09:32 PM,

so you guys wanna discuss this?
might be a good idea Confusedhrug:

I mean if we use this idea it is pivotal to the Great House War quests/battles
03-01-2006, 10:29 PM,

It's sounds like a good idea, and I agree that the Telvanni should have their room somewhere secreted away from the public.

While I'm thinking about it though, are we going to stop PC from entering a town that is not of their alliance?

Say the PC joins the Triple Alliance, will he then be banned from all other towns not affiliated with Redoran/Dres/Indoril? I'm thining that perhaps we shouldn't limit the player to certain towns and cities, but perhaps when they join one alliance, they can enter other faction controlled towns, but perhaps not the more upper class parts of them (Under Skar in Ald'Ruhn/High Town in Balmora, Odia Plateau/Tel Aruhn or the tower in Sadrith Mora/ any non-affiliated canton in Vivec, etc.). If they do try to get in these parts of town, guards will attack on sight.

Of course the highest security would be around the war rooms where the leaders of each Alliance meet.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
03-01-2006, 10:36 PM,

i agree on the security around meeting areas, but no way should we retrict any form of travel in my opinion...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"