Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammers Discussion
06-25-2007, 04:00 PM,

In the old empire if a gladiator won enough battles his imperator would give him a wooden sword. He would then be free, and often joined a gladiator school where he would teach other gladiators. So the last rank would be a teacher/trainer. I know it is a little plain, but we could add something to it. Master, Grand, Arch... i dont know.
06-25-2007, 05:44 PM,

Its different

Maybe this wooden sword could be a little "special"

and of course these Warhammer members are not slaves so maybe after winning so many battles the player could receive this sword

I don't see the quests being that difficult, accept challenges from npc's do a few odd and end things to gain rank

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-25-2007, 05:48 PM,

There is allways the Oblivion Arena. You can change it a little, but maybe use the ranks, that fighting, some extra quests.
06-26-2007, 09:38 AM,

I like the latin names but they dont have to be ripped right out of Roman Gladitorial ranks. I was thinking ending the names with 'or' so we could use names like Praetor, Tector, Procurator, Mandator etc. (the lasts one's not latin, but it sounds good!). I took these mainly from Star Wars, where most starship classes ended in 'or'. :bananarock:
Will start working again for TES3 Project soon....sometime.
06-26-2007, 11:48 AM,

I think this ones are still Latin, too Latin. They need too look more Redoran. How, i dont know.
Mandator maybe, one of the higher ranks, as i think it is a high title in RL.
06-26-2007, 06:56 PM,

I also had the idea of double-barreled names of Redoran warrior significance, like 'Shining-Blade', 'Great-Sword', 'Noble-Striker' etc. I could go on forever. I do actually agree with you about the use of Latin. The redoran are more orientated about battle than social class.
06-26-2007, 07:48 PM,

I like this idea

The members of the guild could be named these saving a really good one for the player once a certain rank is achieved

8 or 9 ranks seem typical of a faction or guld in MW but I am thinking it may be too many

possibly we could only have 5 if desired

Rank 1 - Initiate
Rank 2 - ?
Rank 3 - ?
Rank 4 - WarLord
Rank 5 - Master of Hammers (?)

The Idea about giving the wooden sword, change this to a wooden Hammer and lets give it some nice properties Big Grin The player could
receive this when reaching rank 4

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-26-2007, 08:15 PM,

If all the ranks involve hammers, then we could have Battle-Hammer and Swift-Smasher as ranks two and three. Though I think they are a bit tatty.
Perhaps renaming Initiate to something like small-hitter or sledge or mallet(!) or something similar. I like master of hammers as top rank, possibly as Hammer-Master, since I do like the hyphonated double barreled names.
06-26-2007, 08:20 PM,

There is something in your names Exethalion, i like them. Battle-Hammer is realy good, but maybe a rank three?

And i like the wooden hammer, plain simple, as the original Roman wooden sword.
06-26-2007, 08:35 PM,

What does Bob think? I feel that the ranks should all be double barreled and have an association with hammers, in that case, rank 4 - warlord, doesn't really comply, I think.

I like the wooden hammer, yes. We're going to need some custom hammer models for this!