Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning
08-24-2008, 02:20 PM,
Warning
This is for all users of the forum. I was hit by this nasty virus called PC AntivirusXP2008 program. It installs to your HD and even if you get it off your registry it still has nasty aftereffects. Firefox constantly crashes and if you don't get it off your registry it gives you the lousy BSOD. The only way I got rid of it was to wipe the HD. Spycleaners do not work. Antivirus cleaners do not work on this. Be careful.
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
08-24-2008, 03:53 PM,
RE: Warning
I ran into something similar the other day that claimed to install an anti-virus program on my computer. Not sure if it was exactly the same thing or not, it came with a mess of nasty spyware though. I did a system restore and everything seems to run smoothly again. I would assume what I got is different from what you ran into Rodan, because Firefox runs smoothly for me.

BTW though what are BSODs?
08-24-2008, 06:42 PM,

BSOD means blue screen of death. It's where Windows crashes and makes you feel like an Oblivion gate running over you.

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
08-24-2008, 06:47 PM,

thanks for the heads up rodan :goodjob:
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
08-25-2008, 06:00 AM,

http://www.symantec.com/security_respons...99&tabid=3

Probably the first thing you guys came across, but just in case.
'Archzz' on Oblivion:
"Lots of you ppl are lucky ur comp runs it.... mine says sumthing about registering online and my ip address....i took it back"
08-25-2008, 07:29 PM,

I tried and tried and whiped my hardrive. I really had bad luck. Managed to get both XP AntivirusXP2008 and VistaAntivirusXP2008 in a month. I've been virusfree for years... Anyway especially Vista version is bad. Locked me out of systemrestore, register, task manager and hid my C partition... XP version just nuked my systemrestore and replaced it with a virusback-up...
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
08-29-2008, 07:40 PM,

The one thing that I was thankful for is having five HD's. Even though I'm still reinstalling software at the moment I was able to keep all the important files. I only use the C drive for Windows and other regular applications (not games). Still not going to have a lot of time this weekend because my niece is down and I want to spend some time with her.