Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water, LOD and You
11-29-2009, 04:42 PM,

I checked the LOD below the sea level for ST and Oblivion (screenshot).
It's normal and related to how the game engine handles the LOD below the water.

Thanks for sharing this info, I'll update my post concerning the LOD meshes and landscape editing. Smile

BTW
Nice land mass.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-30-2009, 10:07 AM,

Thanks for reviewing the LOD and for the confidentiality.

Just to clarify (if I am reading your post correctly): the LOD issue below water is something the game engine does and there is no remedy for it? (If that is so, I'd love to know how Beth managed to get their deep water areas to avoid the problem.)

Also, thanks for the compliment on the land mass as well. I must hasten to add that what you saw is Gyssar's height map work, added to and updated by myself. (He does beautiful land sculpting.) My contribution was just scaling, smoothing, fixing errors and updating unfinished spots.

Smile

Once again, you have my gratitude Sandor.

:goodjob:
Bard out...

"Stop hitting that key... there is no Escape."
11-30-2009, 02:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Braggi
Just to clarify (if I am reading your post correctly): the LOD issue below water is something the game engine does and there is no remedy for it?
That's correct.

I tested it on your mod, I shifted the HM to center it around 0,0, moved the WS to mod index 01 to no avail. The problem is also visible in ST and the Tamriel WS.

Quote:Originally posted by Braggi
(If that is so, I'd love to know how Beth managed to get their deep water areas to avoid the problem.)
They didn't fix it, check the screenshot from my previous post.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-30-2009, 11:59 PM,

Thanks again Sandor - you just saved me some serious extra work for Balfiera - I haven't worked over the LOD under water there yet. Now I know to only raise land above the current flat seabed and not lower it.

Thank you!

:goodjob:
Bard out...

"Stop hitting that key... there is no Escape."