Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are On Hold (somewhat)
04-30-2008, 07:34 PM,
We are On Hold (somewhat)
Howdy

ES 3 (Morrowind) only

I hope this doesn't turn anyone away from modding for Silgrad Tower, but here is some info I think we all should know

It is my plan to continue working on Silgrad Tower for ES3 and expanding such as we have done with the Velothi Mountains Mod until my hair grows back and I am a pile of bones

But currently we have a situation with a former member, who has asked that all his contributions be removed from Silgrad

This may be only a small portion of the mod and may not effect alot with regard to the expansions

my only concern at this point is with the expansions, since we did use Silgrad Resourses in our expansions we may need to make some
changes

I really don't think their is going to be any big problem but I would rather not take any chances

If any of you are currently working on interiors please refrain from using Silgrad Resourses, make the interiors as Vanilla as needed or use resourses from other mods, please include credits and only use what you need for the claim...submit the data files with your claim

Hopwfully we will have an answer soon

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-30-2008, 07:47 PM,

Bob, say no more. We are all a team and we will work through it. I am rapidly (4hrs and feeling very confident) learning 3d modelling, and will be on CS within a week or so. And I will have an average of 30 hrs a week on this so lets het back to business!

Think we need to make a list of anything which needs replacing, rewriting, redesigning, remodelling etc and we can start from there.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-30-2008, 07:51 PM,

quite odd that this former member(which i really dont know who) wants his contributions back, why does he? has he found soemthing better or sometihng?
Utterly Crazy Writer of Dumac City
04-30-2008, 07:58 PM,

I would just say no - If they originally let you use it then it's pretty selfish to demand it be removed, especially if it has been heavily incorporated into a mod which other people have invested their time and effort into. If they really want it removed, you could tell them to make an esp that removes the content from the master.
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM,

I too 'would' say no as a lot of what people create on here, even their own projects, are heavily reliant on teamwork.

If you work for a company when you create a masterpiece, the masterpiece belongs to the company unless stated otherwise!

BUT

I understand legalities etc and Bobs views on 'better safe than sorry'

I strongly suggest that a disclaimer is put on this site ASAP stating something along the lines of 'All work undertaken on this project is in the public domain and permission to use, edit in any way is given to other members if the Silgrad Tower project (and the others) although individual work remains the property of its original creator etc etc...' Im sure someone on here has a legal background or knows someone who does. An agreement like this would be easy to whip up.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-30-2008, 09:32 PM,

Thanks All I appreciate your interest and willingness to help

but hope is not lost yet, as soon as I find out more information I will pass it on

Legalities is exactly it, I would say "no" as well, but its not my place to do that...also copyright laws to my understanding in this persons place of origin gives him this right

When we find out more, I will present my case to this person and see if we can keep whats in ES3 at minimum

Enjoy
Bob

04-30-2008, 09:38 PM,

It indeed does give "it" the rights, if "it" has made al the workl alone, if not and the work was made by a team, and the rest of the team wants to stay, i do believe he cant order us to remove anything
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Danaran
It indeed does give "it" the rights, if "it" has made al the workl alone, if not and the work was made by a team, and the rest of the team wants to stay, I do believe he cant order us to remove anything

Well I hope to speak with this individual and be able to keep what work he did for ES3, but otherwise in the interest of good community relations we will just take it out and move on

Enjoy
Diet Bob

05-02-2008, 09:29 AM,

i hope we can keep it, but if not we indeed better move on.
05-08-2008, 12:43 PM,

I missed this thread, really the person who handed the stuff in to be used should not be asking for it to be removed this far down the line. They do have a right obviously with it being their content but when a mod has progressed this far then the content should stay.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]