Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have an animator
08-20-2006, 11:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Crystal, your current priority should be the helmet, then if possible could you work on some architecture? There is no rush on the animations.

Yep, after I'm finished the helmet I'll take a look at the concepts for the buildings. And yea I'm not gonna touch the animations till i read up on whats being done over at ESF on them.
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
08-20-2006, 11:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
Basically what I mean is that the first stage of animation is just getting the key frames in place. Say that I'm animating a jump for example. the first pose would be stationary standing...then the next one would be the character crouched down building up energy to push off the ground and so on thru the jump. By "no in-betweens" I mean that from the standing to the crouching poses there will be no movement...it would hold in place untill the pose of the crouch, then "pop" into that position without any transition frames. It looks weird to a non animator, but it helps me to get timing down (less keyframes = less crap to edit) Hope that is a bit clearer heh.

and since when to platypus fly lol!
You know, I was only joking about the explanation part. Smile
Though I still want my flying platypus! Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-20-2006, 11:52 PM,

Heywood, I have seen your modeling work and it has impressed me, Im sure your just as good an animator, it does not matter to me who else is working on this, Id rather have yours in the mod.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-20-2006, 11:54 PM,

Thanks for the compliment. What I meant was that I wanna read up on the workflow of getting the animations saved out so that oblivion can use them.
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
08-21-2006, 12:05 AM,

Ooh!!! Yes!!! We'll have animations soon! Yay! Thank you so much! Smile =) Big Grin
08-21-2006, 12:28 AM,

FLCL pwns. Cool

You sound like you know a lot about the trade, I'll take your word for it. The feel that we have everyone for something makes us sound professional.
08-21-2006, 12:29 AM,

Indeed.

Go Furi-Curi!
08-21-2006, 03:14 AM,

you know I hate the sour ones
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
08-22-2006, 04:56 AM,

hey heywood when i get done with this would you want to animate it?
Yes it is a crossbow
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
08-22-2006, 05:02 AM,

Heywood is great, but his work takes time, let's prioritize ok?