Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon Display
07-05-2007, 01:32 PM,
Weapon Display
Found a mod this morning which might be interesting for Akavir.

Weapon Display

If these racks work without the weapons falling off of the walls every time you enter the room it could be very nice for displaying some of fine weapons that will be featured in Akavir; either in a player's house or in Guilds, temples, shops, etc.
Akavir mod BETA tester
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM,

Quote: Feel free to use this stuff any way you like, just give credit where credit is due.
Awesome.
It looks pretty cool. I suppose it would be cool to display some weapons in the guilds and palaces.
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM,

We do need weapon display racks, it looks like we can use this mod :yes:
Akavir mod leader.
07-05-2007, 07:26 PM,

:bananarock:

See, all of that time I waste at work looking at tessource and planetelderscrolls does pay off!!! Wink
Akavir mod BETA tester
07-05-2007, 09:58 PM,

Well... to us it does pay off :yes:
Akavir mod leader.
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM,

I don't know how its done, but I think it would be cool if we could set up armour stands Japanese style, you know, the way it looks like they're sitting down. That'd be cool IMO.
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM,

Yeah, that would be cool.
I know how these things look like and how they are called (yoroi-bitsu), i think it should be possible to include these things in our mod :yes:

DIE 75, do you know if one of Ronin's mod has an armor stand like that?
EDIT: A yoroi-bitsu is a chest, with an armor stand on top.
Akavir mod leader.
07-10-2007, 06:04 PM,

It's a container, not really an armor stand. You can see it in the background here:

[Image: ScreenShot855.jpg]

The crate it sits on contains the armor. When you remove the armor from the crate, the display stays untouched.

You could probably use something like Reznod?s Mannequins and add a sitting animation along with a modified head. I don?t know much about coding but it shouldn?t be too difficult...
Akavir mod BETA tester
07-10-2007, 06:18 PM,

Haha, I have that mod working in my game right now too. I was so disappointed that it was about as good as it gets for Samurai, hence why I got into modelling. Sometimes when you want something you gotta do it yourself.

The "sitting" armours would be SO cool IMO. I'll look into it a little bit when I have some time.
07-10-2007, 08:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InS4n3
I was so disappointed that it was about as good as it gets for Samurai

Yeah, i was disappointed too, not only are the "samurai" armors just retextured vanilla Oblivion armors, the textures of Ronin's samurai armor don't even look anything like a samurai armor :eek:
But hey, at least he tried, and it's not easy if you can't model.

I think Reznod?s Mannequins mod could be very helpfull, it has some interesting scripts.
Akavir mod leader.