Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon Display
07-11-2007, 03:42 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by InS4n3
The "sitting" armours would be SO cool IMO

I found a picture of a Japanese armor stand on Ebay: LINK
The armor stand goes on top of the armor chest, when a Japanese armor is placed on the stand (and chest), it will appear like it's "sitting" =)
Akavir mod leader.
07-11-2007, 05:49 PM,

What you could do is make a static mesh of all the armor sets (in a "sitting" position) and place them in game on top of a special chest or stand like Kodama pictured. Place a script on the the static armor that when it's clicked on, a message box will pop up saying "Would you like to remove armor from stand?" if you press yes, the static armor will be removed and all the pieces of the wearable armor set will go into your inventory. Vice versa- if you have an empty armor stand (have a script on the stand as well) click on the stand and it will say "Display amor on stand?" If yes, your armor will be removed and the static set will be placed on the stand.

The static armor will just be "hidden" when turned off and on so you won't need new cordinates when it's replaced on the stand.
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM,

That sounds like it could work, i hope it will.
Akavir mod leader.
07-11-2007, 10:51 PM,

That would be very easy to do. However, it would be cool if we could set it up so that the Player can buy the stands at a store and pick and choose the place to set it up. I think that could also work. It'd be more difficult, but I cant see any major game issues.
07-11-2007, 11:34 PM,

Yes it seems easy enough. In my test mod, I have dozens of lanterns that switch out at a certain time and are replaced by ones that have a glow texture, so I know the switching out will be easy.

The problem with the stands being bought and placed wherever is, that when the armor gets placed it will have to have coordinates to sit right. I'm sure some scripting genious could figure this out, but it's waaayyy past my knowhow.
07-12-2007, 03:57 PM,

interesting. Are the weapons display related to akavir?
-Connoisseur of Rome: Total War modification - "Europa Barbarorum"
-History Buff of Ancient European & East Asian History and WW2
07-12-2007, 04:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Intranetusa
interesting. Are the weapons display related to akavir?

Not really... no.
But we can make them fit in somehow.
Akavir mod leader.
07-12-2007, 06:22 PM,

It would probably be something much like the manequins mod, if thats how they work.