Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon Layer Issue? Help?
05-20-2010, 07:21 PM,
Weapon Layer Issue? Help?
Hey, new to this site as of 3AM this morning, so if there's a rule against general users posting threads, or if it's a crime here to ask for help, I wouldn't be aware of it. I looked, didn't find anywhere saying I couldn't, and if there are rules that say that, they need to be posted up front.

To the point of this thread... I signed up last night because I was having an issue with the mesh and havoc, but I figured that out after five hours only to have a whole different problem arise. The weapon works great, till I go into the menu and rotate my character. The weapon follows his hand like it should and is lined up perfectly, but it's completely black, and passes behind the character, even when it should be passing in front of him. But this only happens in the menu screen. (I'd post pictures of this happening, but I can't figure out where the screenshots end up.)

If anyone knows what's going on and can help, I'd be grateful.

Details:
Using 3dSMax 2010
NifSkope 20.0.0.5
Oblivion 1.2.0416
Windows 7 (not sure if that's important to know)
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM,

Welcome! =)

I've never heard of that issue before. A part of me is kind of curious about the textures - do either your weapon or your armour use transparency (sometimes does weird things similar to what you describe) and/or custom textures? What are the values in your model's Material?

I'm assuming that the menu screen works fine with weapons from the original game?
05-23-2010, 12:13 AM,

Yes, works fine with the original weapons. Shouldn't be transparent, I mirrored the values off the steel claymore's material, and yes, it is a custom material. Though, I already checked the values myself to see if that would fix it.