Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapons
11-01-2006, 06:36 AM,
Weapons
I wasn't sure where to put this I just started a new thread First thing is the blowpipe it fits on with the Tang'Mo just add a tube to the drinking animation Smile and secondly seing that Akavir is mostly all about swords Smile adding dual mweild be seem appropiate but I'm no scripter so I don't know how you woould implement this
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
11-01-2006, 01:07 PM,

You can make a sword as a torch and he can hold two swords. There isn't an Oblivion animation for striking with two swords though. Plus, I would put my money on a guy using one sword with both hands any day over a guy using a sword in each hand.
11-01-2006, 07:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
You can make a sword as a torch and he can hold two swords. There isn't an Oblivion animation for striking with two swords though. Plus, I would put my money on a guy using one sword with both hands any day over a guy using a sword in each hand.

I think someone DID manage to get real double wielding by copying animations, but it only works on NPCs and is only for show; it still needs to detect the 2nd weapon.

Of course, I could be imagining this... again. Big Grin
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-02-2006, 07:51 AM,

I know it's un-realistic but it looks cool lol
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
11-02-2006, 01:31 PM,

Now that I think about it, I know I saw a video of what you're talking about Arbiter. I remeber it looking pretty good too. Like you said though, getting it to detect is another animal all together. Maybe have the 2nd sword as a shield and then at least he/she would be using it to block and attack. I've never really played the game other than testing my models. Can you swing the shield or force/push the enemy with it?

In one of my torch tests (literally 1 time in about 50) My "subject" swung the torch at me after I shot him. Can anyone confirm swinging the torch? Anyone else seen this?

Side question- Who are the scripters in this team?
11-02-2006, 03:24 PM,

Now that I think about it, I know I saw a video of what you're talking about Arbiter. I remeber it looking pretty good too. Like you said though, getting it to detect is another animal all together. Maybe have the 2nd sword as a shield and then at least he/she would be using it to block and attack. I've never really played the game other than testing my models. Can you swing the shield or force/push the enemy with it?

In one of my torch tests (literally 1 time in about 50) My "subject" swung the torch at me after I shot him. Can anyone confirm swinging the torch? Anyone else seen this?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to beat me up with their torch, no. And to my knowledge, sheilds can only be used to block.

Quote:Side question- Who are the scripters in this team?

.... *Raises hand slowly*
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
11-02-2006, 04:27 PM,

Quote:*Raises hand slowly*

I don't understand scripting at all so this may be very basic.

Okay, lets see if i can explain this clearly. I want certain katanas to have matching waz (sp-what ever the second blade is called that samurai carried for status) so if you have the katana equipped, the sheath of the sword as well as the other blade is show on your side. The if you pick the other blade, the katana is returned to your side and the other one is drawn, but sheath is still shown. Understand? Sorry, hard to explain in text.

Lets try a different approach

Katana= A
Waz (whatever)= B

If player Equips A - Side weapon A is shown (one sheath)
If player Equips B - Side weapon B is shown (one sheath, different then A's)

Player owns both A and B - side weapons are shown (two sheaths, combo of A and B)

Player owns both A and B, equips A -side weapons are shown (two sheaths, but one sheath is now missing the handle part)

Player owns both A and B, equips B - side weapons are shown (two sheaths, but one sheath is now missing handle part)

Is this possbile to script?
11-02-2006, 05:36 PM,

Quote:*Raises hand slowly*

I don't understand scripting at all so this may be very basic.

Okay, lets see if I can explain this clearly. I want certain katanas to have matching waz (sp-what ever the second blade is called that samurai carried for status) so if you have the katana equipped, the sheath of the sword as well as the other blade is show on your side. The if you pick the other blade, the katana is returned to your side and the other one is drawn, but sheath is still shown. Understand? Sorry, hard to explain in text.

Lets try a different approach

Katana= A
Waz (whatever)= B

If player Equips A - Side weapon A is shown (one sheath)
If player Equips B - Side weapon B is shown (one sheath, different then A's)

Player owns both A and B - side weapons are shown (two sheaths, combo of A and B)

Player owns both A and B, equips A -side weapons are shown (two sheaths, but one sheath is now missing the handle part)

Player owns both A and B, equips B - side weapons are shown (two sheaths, but one sheath is now missing handle part)

Is this possbile to script?

I'll see what I can do later. I'm doing school work right now though.

edit: Wow. I just now re-read that, it sounds... complicated.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
11-03-2006, 03:20 AM,

We do not have any scripters on our team, people did offer to script for us...but we had nothing to script for them.

The short sword is called a "Wakizashi" ...when it's worn together with a katana, the swords are referred to as a "dai-sho" (that means: great/short)
And i understand what you are trying to say ra5946, i was thinking about the same thing, i believe that it's possible with a clever script for the player to wear a daisho.

I think that blowpipes are possible too Wink
Akavir mod leader.
11-03-2006, 01:03 PM,

I may have thought of a way to make the script a little easier. The katana stays as is, no scripting needed.

The Wakizashi (thanks Kodama), will be picked up like any normal weapon, just a model on the ground, chest, etc. When it's in your inventory (equipped or not) it will replace the groin section of the player. I'll make a new model for the groin that is exactly the same as the original but has a sword and sheath attached to the side. It will be at a slightly different angle, so when you equip another side weapon they aren't "crowding" each others space. We will need one script here to attach to the Wakizashi to replace the groin- hopefully this is not too hard.

Next, we will also need another scirpt to replace the groin again if the weapon is drawn. I'll make a second groin model that has the weapon handle missing from the sheath.

The scripts will also have to have the reverse effect of sheathing the weapon and if you drop the weapon from inventory.

Easier, Yes, No?

Guidobot on the offical forums has released some throwing star mod that might be worth checking out.