Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest ideas for Rift Watch [Discussion]
06-22-2012, 09:15 AM,
Quest ideas for Rift Watch [Discussion]
Rift Watch controls the border with Skyrim, perhaps we could add a quest about a smuggler.

Post your idea/suggestions in this thread.
TIA. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM,

Great Suggestion

So far I see we have Quarters (Guards) an Inn, Jail, Barracks

What else? I assume merchants, will their be any type of small housing area?

Also until we have some NPC (named) most ideas will be in general terms

We should also incorporate some of these smuggling quests into the main plot

Enjoy
Bob
07-04-2012, 07:24 AM,

dietbob196045,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=192157#post192157 Wrote:Great Suggestion

What else? I assume merchants, will their be any type of small housing area?
I'll add a few claims (5-8) which can be the home for the merchants etc. and a fort seeing Sniper4's claim layout (antechamber).

dietbob196045,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=192157#post192157 Wrote:Also until we have some NPC (named) most ideas will be in general terms

Enjoy
Bob
I agree, you could use the name generator to create a few names for the merchants etc.
These will be used in the claim descriptions.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-06-2012, 07:25 AM,

dietbob196045,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=192157#post192157 Wrote:What else? I assume merchants, will their be any type of small housing area?

Also until we have some NPC (named) most ideas will be in general terms

There's a healer who examines people wanting to cross the border. She needs to sell cure desease potions so I made her a fully fledged alchemist vendor. So we already have one merchant to use for 'smuggling' quests.

One quest idea I'd like to implement :

Let's say the wife of an important person from Silgrad city has contracted a rare illness. Nalea Arethi (our healer) knows a magic potion to cure that illness, but the potion is based upon moonsugar.

She could ask you to recover moonsugar, which is smuggled through the border town of Rift Watch. The smugglers that are currently in Rift Watch prison could help to provide the ingredient (assuming said ingredient has not been confiscated during arrest).

She won't perform the required examination before having been satisfied on that matter. Situation 1 : you choose to help her, then you get your examination paper. Situation two : you chose to report her for her illegal activity, she's banned, and you just have to wait for the new healer to arrive. In both case you get the paper needed for the "crossing border" quest.

Finding the moonsugar is harder to achieve than reporting the healer. The recompense for chosing the hard path is that you get to help a beautiful young lady (see pic) Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   nalea.jpg (Size: 83 KB / Downloads: 16)
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM,

Most Excellent

I would like to add this thought

Once the quest is completed we use your NPC as a questing portal for other "smuggling" type quests Not necessarily in need of such items but as an informant
and rumor control, letting the player know of other activities and of people in need of certain items.

Enjoy
Bob