Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened to Rickious?
12-09-2008, 10:05 AM,

Yup I think his lacking skills in uvw mapping played a big part in why he left. He's a great concept artist, but I think he had a somewhat rushed approach to modelling and tended to start working on a new model long before the previous model was in a useable state.

Perhaps it's also true he underestimated how much work has to go into uvw mapping a model. It's quite difficult to uvw map a complicated model and the nature of mapping means that ideally the mesh should be made in a way that facilitates it's mapping. What that means is that if a modeller doesn't know how to do uvw mapping he can't tweak the mesh to be easily mapped either, so an experienced modeller would actually save time remaking the model from scratch.

I don't recall if he actually submitted a model either, but if he did I think it's use would have been limited to that of a 3d concept. That could on the other hand be a great use because I think he has great imagination and I could definitely see myself making a model based on his 3d concepts sometime.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-09-2008, 08:38 PM,

I was especially keen to get the work that he did on the Paatru stump village for Black Marsh which really demonstrated that imagination...we're sorely in need of it now Sad
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-18-2008, 11:36 AM,

I miss him..Sad