Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is The Cerro Clan? We Need Your Ideas!
02-03-2008, 06:07 PM,
What Is The Cerro Clan? We Need Your Ideas!
So I Put The Question Out, What Is The Cerro Vampire Clan?

Defenition Of Cerro;

[Origin: 1825–35, Americanism; < AmerSp; Sp: hill, backbone, neck of an animal < L cirrus curl, tuft (with shift: curly hair > hair on an animal's neck > neck or spine > hill)]

Here Are Some Ideas Already - And Please Submit Your Own No Matter How Silly They Sound!

Some Words To Help You Get Thinking!

Dunmer
Redoran (Not Hlaalu)
Manor
Crypt
Posh
Upper-Class
Civalised
Clean
Tidy

Any Ideas Of Your Own?

Please Post!

User - Submitted Ideas!

None! Get Posting!
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM,

I've forgotten but I think there was a Hlaalu-vampire connection in TES3. One of the Hlaalu nobles was a vampire or something like that. Perhaps we could tie in with that theme for Cerro and have the person who officially owns the manor their headquarters is located under be a Hlaalu noble? Just an idea.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-05-2008, 08:32 PM,

Yer - It Was Either A Hlaalu Or Redoran Noble?

Even So - We Can Modify It To The General Public's View If Its Hlaalu Or Redoran - I Personally Would Prefer Hlaalu
02-05-2008, 10:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I've forgotten but I think there was a Hlaalu-vampire connection in TES3. One of the Hlaalu nobles was a vampire or something like that. Perhaps we could tie in with that theme for Cerro and have the person who officially owns the manor their headquarters is located under be a Hlaalu noble? Just an idea.

It was (is) a Redoran Connection

I'll be gathering up all the info on the Cerro and posting it here within the next few days (give or take a few) Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-05-2008, 11:22 PM,

Then we'll go with Redoran Smile

Looking forward to reading it, Bob.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-06-2008, 02:42 AM,

yeah, from what i've read of the lore on the boards regarding Cerro, i think they'd be more interesting as Redoran. Clan of Warrior-Vampires seems more likely than a clan of ... merchant vampires?

Plus, you've got conflicts of honor, enhanced fighting abilities, and the Redoran are just cool.

It's up to Auraya, but i think that most of the established concepts would work much better for the Redoran

And a list of all the existing info, or even links to all the existing threads and posts would be helpful
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-06-2008, 05:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Then we'll go with Redoran Smile

Looking forward to reading it, Bob.

It Shall Be Redoran

*Strikes Through All Hlaalu Notes*

=) Ty Guys And Would Love To See All The Info Bob If You Can =)
02-07-2008, 05:13 AM,

Your Welcome

Here it is in a nutshell I'll leave the details for you to work out and will always be available for tech support as with anything else

Consider what I write here is taking place in morrowind time and is in the PAST, history if you mind. SO the object for ES4 is to pick up and continue, if you choose to follow this storyline is up to you, I would ask that you carefully consider it as this is what we have done in ES3 and it just wouldn't make sense to make the Cerro a different clan

They are Redoran exclusively?

They were actually Chimer, these Cerro were members of the group of Mer who followed Veloth to Morrowind, this group broke off from the main group and settled in Kogo-Tel (Silgrad) They met untimely deaths at the hands of Vampires who were MAN born, only 2 survived the constant attacks, those being the 2 Elders of the Cerro, only one of which the player will be dealing with directly

The Elder Cerro (who we named Archie)(as a reference of course) dispised his condition and after inflicting his only remaining brother in a rage, he vowed to find a cure. The other elders including archies brother were eventually overtaken by the madness of the vampirism
and as the clan grew those elders had to be captured and encassed in a tomb which was magically sealed, until such time a cure could be found............
Much later in their past and while still searching for the ingrdiants and information needed to cure their condition they developed an elixer which calmed their cravings for the blood of Mer/Men, but even this was not long lasting and the young clan members began to grow wilder with each passing generation

Now we go to the present (the morrowind present)

Through a series of quests done by the Nerevarine character, the player will be introduced to the Cerro, How this is done is that 4 quests were made and each of these quests will provide a journal update that the players see's a figure, but when he/she approaches the figure it is gone. So on the last quest where the player meets with a rival Vampire clan member and defeats it. The Cerro make their presence known.

What do they weant from the Nerevarine?

Help in gaining the items and knowledge of the Cure

The player will be sent on various quests to pick up ingrediants, knowledge and other important items which will eventually get the player to the point of going to Akavir (which is were Beth says the Nerevarine is during ES4 time)

Now what did we intend for the oblivion player

WE really had not thought of it much except that

We want a consultation with Molag Bal regarding the cure for vampirism

and we wanted a confrontation with Vaermina in the female form and in her plan of Oblivion Quagmire

The Oblivion player will recieve word via messenger after the player reaches a certain rank/level or however you wish.... the message will be from Nerevarine and will give a location of a package which the player should take to the University of Silgrad for further instructions... at that time the player (Oblivion player) will meet the Cerro

Additionally between the consultation with Moilag Bal and the confrontation with Vaermina, the player will need to enter the catacombs and crypts of the most ancient of Cerro's to obtain a rare heirloom from the locked up vamps. which of course should be a hard fought battle

So thats were you come in... from what I briefly have given, make your suggestions and recommendations and take this to the next level

The goal is to restore the vampires to their normal Dunmer blood
we assume some will die in the process

The interiors were intended to be

The University of Silgrad - Hlaalu Archetecture
The Catacombs- Barbarus Crypt, I think RW is making new models for these
The tomb/living areas would be either velothi or similar, but would be lush and extravagant, with a huge library many underground rivers and gardens, laboratories and such... and even lower levels with some actual nasty vampire tourtore things and lots of blood and guts
(if you lhave seen the work qarl did with the UG and UGII that would be the look)
In a nutshell, that is it

If you have any question please feel free to ask

Enjoy
Bob

02-07-2008, 06:42 PM,

Thank You For These Details - As For How Morrowind Timeline Advances And Meets With Our Oblivion Tomeline We Might Do Something Different?

As For How The Nevarine Is Involed I Like The Idea Of A Drop Point To Keep This Person Away From The Oblivion Character So If The Oblivion Character Played Morrowind The The Neveraine Could Still Be Speculated About?

How The Quest Will Proceed From There We Will Have To Decide.

Where You Said 'Archie' Is This The IGN Or Just A Name To Reference To The Actors Role?

Where You Say Their Goal Is To Restore The Vampires To Normal Dunmers, Can We Make This Goal Fail?

For Example, Can We Make The Player Fail This Quest So That There Is No Cure And Therefore, The Player Is Able To Join The Cerro Vampire Clan And Start A Questline?

Also, Is All This Compatible With Cuthalion's Mages Guild Mod? Where The Leader Of The Cerro Clan Dies?
02-08-2008, 04:52 AM,

Howdy

Yes "Archie" is a reference name, the character does not have a name at this point.

I suppose it could fail, just like anything else can fail, if the player takes the wrong path or picks the wrong item failure can be waiting at any turn. So yes this option can and should be persued

However, even if success is achieved, I believe their is enough backstory and history and future, that a player can join the clan and complete a questline for the clan as a member and still work toward
the goal of finding a cure.

As with any vampire involvement, their should only be a chance that the player is inflicted. Unless the player willingly accepts, which
may be an option as well

The Mages Questline - Yes everyone dies at some point, with a cure found, the Cerro Leader (Archie) would fall into that "so old you can't fart" catagory and would die. So yes if you can work it out that the Cerro Questline and the Mages Questline converge on the Death of
the Cerro Elder that is fine with me

If you persue the option of total failure for finding a cure then his death would mearly be dormancy.. wouldn't it?

I'm very interested in seeing which way you go.

let me know

Enjoy
Bob