Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are we are at?
07-07-2007, 11:26 AM,
Where are we are at?
Hey foks.

I joined this mod a few months ago, and have been lurking around here since then. I'm finally ready to get something done, but I have some questions.

Where are we at currently?

I see we have a heightmap, and I see that some of you guys are already working on claims in Balmora, and on that topic, do we have a tileset?

Also, what is our position on using Shivering Isles? It's got mushrooms, trees and land textures which would be perfect for Vvardenfell (We have enough to make the Bitter Coast and the Ascadian Isles me thinks), I think it would be a shame not to use it
07-07-2007, 01:54 PM,

We've been throwing around the idea of using those Shivering Isles assets, but what we mainly need for the exteriors is more rocks. As far as tilesets go, we currently have the Redoran, Hlaalu, VelothiSmall (small set used in Vos and parts of Vivec), Shack, most of the Dwemer set, and the Moldcave set. We also have most of the Exterior Imperial Fort set. We've been taking the approach of working from the cities outward, so we have a lot open claims there. If you're ready help out, grab a couple claims and dig in! The Vos claims are the easiest, and if you're looking for a challenge there are some tough ones in Gnisis and Balmora. :banana:
07-07-2007, 03:36 PM,

Alrighty, where do we get the tilesets from?
07-07-2007, 03:58 PM,

Yep, just as cire said, rocks and trees are probably what we now need the most of to start building the exteriors of the landmass, since we have the heightmap and most of the city tilesets done now. Check out Silgrad's Visual Development board if you want to check out what tilesets and other assets are being worked on or are completed.

For the tilesets, currently, we're working from Silgrad Towers assets, since both teams' assets are shared.

To begin working on something, you'll need the Silgrad Tower assets, which can be downloaded from the Silgrad Tower v2.0 release thread in 'The Tavern' forum. It's advised that you then download the Silgrad Tower updates, and the modders .esm. The Silgrad Tower assets are what we're using to build the mod, but of course, we can add our own assets if necessary.

Optionally, you can download the Vvardenfell heightmap made by Lightwave. It can be found in 'The Vvardenfell Heightmap' thread which has been pinned here in the Vvardenfell main forum. If you plan on making interiors only for the mod, you may not need the heightmap yet, but I would recommend you download it anyway.
07-07-2007, 10:49 PM,

We are actually pretty well! I've been so swamped with work it has halted the majority of my progress here, however as soon as KuKulza has time I have some stuff to give to him!

Grab a claim Big Grin!
The rider in black is always watching......