Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why?
11-13-2006, 04:01 AM,
Why?
Why has Beth never made an elderscrolls game based on war. I know Daggerfall is pretty close. But I mean i want to raise milita ambush supply trains meddle in politics amass an army conquer lose win meet on agreement make alliances stab people in the back.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
11-13-2006, 04:04 AM,

Because it's not what the TES series is about. In every game they have released it has been on the sole shoulders of the PC to kick arse and to beat the bad guy. I don't think that will ever change, you want to fight a giant battle with massive armies, play a strategy game Wink
11-13-2006, 04:18 AM,

Those arent fun. Like they describe all these wars but dont do them personally i think its cus they got no balls and are too lazy.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
11-13-2006, 04:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Those aren't fun. Like they describe all these wars but dont do them personally I think its cus they got no balls and are too lazy.
or that an XBOX or PC can't handle the FPS....
seriously... I mean Nerevarine should be fighting armies of 6th House cult to get to Dagoth ur but no... only a few powerful Dagoths...

really Ebonyknight... a mod to say Medieval Total War 2 for TES would be cool, but I no longer have the will to do too much RTS modding anymore.. it's just... I dunno... life's too busy.... need to make money... :|
11-13-2006, 08:09 AM,

It's because we players get to play almighty hero in the game, and we all know that heroes fight one-on-one with big bosses.

But I'd really love to see some real warfare in next TES game. :yes:
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-13-2006, 09:01 AM,

Elder Scrolls stuff is off-topic on The Audtiorium and other Raven boards, so I moved this thread to The Tavern. /And now to Oblivion General; We didn't have that board when this thread started. Rw 2009-03-05.

My guess is they have their niche and are cautious to fix something that isn't broken, i.e., change gamer's perception of what an Elder Scrolls game is.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-13-2006, 12:23 PM,

I think you all have part of it - you might also consider what a genuine AI sponsered battle with thousands of normal/standard sized combatants might do tho the FPS, given that ES is fundamentally 1st / close 3rd person?

RTS with mini - men, or unit flags by comparison to the nature of what we have would ... :bitch:

There are other 'worlds' where that happens - and th emost successful are switching to ES style pov - look at WOW - now they are online - do you think they will go back to the old style?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
11-13-2006, 01:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
...a mod to say Medieval Total War 2 for TES would be cool, but I no longer have the will to do too much RTS modding anymore.. it's just... I dunno... life's too busy.... need to make money... :|
I was actually planning that at one time. :yes: Big Grin

The main limitation is FPS, but the way the story is told the player should be able to fight big armies even in OB. The daedra, as many have noted, are a pathetic excuse for what is supposed to be an infinite army... they are more like a collection of dremoras lost in the wilderness. The undead threat posed by Manimarco is also sad; his mighty undead legions number 50 skeletons and 20 zombies... CYRODIIL IS DOOMED!!! Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
11-13-2006, 02:24 PM,

Oh, I'm sure the imperial city's 20 guards could have held them off.
Lol what?
11-13-2006, 02:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Oh, I'm sure the imperial city's 20 guards could have held them off.
Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.