Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is there a bank of Vvardenfell?
09-20-2006, 03:33 PM,

I think his stats were like that so he didn't end up being more powerful than Vivec, which would have been silly.

Searching the archived forum often yield clues to why things came to be. =) The Bank of Vvardenfell is one of the all-time oldest additions to the mod, granted to Kothloth on January 2nd 2003. As you can see there was some confusion in that thread because the forum was open to guest postings, something we abandoned pretty quick after a lot of spam posts. The Bank was subsequently included on January 12th, 2003. To quote the creator, Kothloth, in a post from August 18th 2003:
2. Remade the bank from the "Bank of Vvardenfell" type of bank to a "normal" bank. This is because, if the player doesn't have Bank of Vvardefell plugin, the only Bank of Vvardenfell will be in Silgrad. Which wouldn't make much sense. (Name and all Wink ) But if one wants a real Bank of Vvardenfell, that can easily be fixed with an addon mod. (That shouldn't be included in the TR project Wink )

At that time Silgrad Tower was still part of Tamriel Rebuilt, and evidence seems to suggest Kothloth was working on a side-project focused on banks on Vvardenfell, which had an affiliate in our neighbourhood. The other banks wouldn't kick in unless you played with his plugin. That's somewhat guesswork on my part though. I don't even know that the Vvardenfell bank plugin he mentioned was ever created. In any case; Kothloth later sided with Tamriel Rebuilt in the big conflict in late 2003 and left the team.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-20-2006, 08:10 PM,

Edit:

Added this as a possible Quest Idea to make another bank and have these banks compete for your business

#1 have the player deliever flyers to prospective customers homes
#2 have the player negociate a contract on behalf of the bank
#3 Become a salesman to help sell a home owned by one of the banks
#4 assist customers with complaints about being overcharged on their loans

Thanks for the info RW

Has anyone tryed the Bankrobbery Quest ?

I never saw any mention of it during play
something to look at Big Grin

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories