Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildlife
05-21-2011, 01:18 PM,
Wildlife
Figured our Khajiit were going to need something to hunt so I've worked up an Antelope from a Deer retex with new horns:

[Image: Springbok03.jpg]

[Image: Springbok02.jpg]

The astute zoologists among you will hopefully recognise it as a Springbok - but I intend to just tag it as "antelope" in game because its real name somehow jars in the Elsweyr setting.

I can't see much difference between does and bucks in real life so there's just the one model.
Morcroft Darkes
05-21-2011, 06:53 PM,

Nice one!
If you're interested, check out how Waalx made them.
Here are some of them that I used in WAC-ElsweyrAnequina patch:
[Image: 35817-3-1290865249.jpg]

Note that the size is weird on this pic because of perspective (I just dragged them in CS).
05-21-2011, 08:33 PM,

Thanks Pero - glad you like it.

I have indeed checked out Waalx's very nice work - but I don't want to force users of Elsweyr Confederacy to have to get the rather huge WAC download just for a few antelope! Beyond that, I'm sort of trying not to base my work on other modders too closely because it feels like plagiarism even when I make stuff from scratch!
Morcroft Darkes
05-21-2011, 09:56 PM,

Don't worry, it's not plagiarism. It's just for inspiration. I wasn't suggesting that you use WAC either (although I love it), I just noticed that both you and Waalx are doing excellent work!
05-21-2011, 10:36 PM,

That's looking awesome! Big Grin

The wildlife that we really need at this point is the 'red cattle', mentioned in The Infernal City, and also there's the Slarjei, mentioned again in TIC, however I think we decided on using a camel for this (Slarjei being the Ta'agra name), and Mr Siika has given permission for us to use it (unless you feel like making a new mount to fill this position Morcroft).
05-21-2011, 11:01 PM,

Definitely not making anything from scratch. Not a huge fan of using a camel - especially as it's fundamentally impossible to animate correctly without making a whole new set of .kf files. Seems a bit predictable, too - but I guess it's the best option. Especially if we have permission from Mr Siika.

I've been keeping an eye out for a decent cow, but everything I've seen is just too plump and European looking. We really want something along the lines of those big-horned lean African Ankole cattle.

@Pero - thanks for the vote of confidence, although I'm sure Waalx's stuff's better than mine.
Morcroft Darkes
05-21-2011, 11:46 PM,

Looks great!
08-22-2011, 03:17 PM,

Side note - Anybody come across a llama? That'd be way cooler than a camel to be the Slarjei and more appropriate for our high-altitude setting.
Morcroft Darkes
08-23-2011, 07:20 AM,

I seem to recall a llama in one of mr siika's mods. I could be mistaken though.
In any case he certainly made some nice creatures, the vulture for one could work nicely in this mod.
What's the use of a good quote if you can't change it?
08-23-2011, 07:59 AM,

I'm definitely adding the Vulture, and I have already included Mr Siika's bats. We were planning to use his camel, I just think a llama would be more distinctive and less classically "deserty." I hadn't noticed one in his mods but I guess not everything is on TES-Nexus.
Morcroft Darkes