Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Vista Any Good ?
06-12-2007, 10:34 PM,

Aero is only off during a full screen ap.

I have faith in this OS, and I think the most reasonable position has been the wait one, but I simply have faith in MS and don't mind switching now since it has cost me nothing and hasn't inconvenienced me at all.

the Vista nay sayers sound awfuly like the 98 users when XP came out, not saying that the validity is the same, I won't make any claim there, but the arguements are remarkably similar.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM,

Well I'm using XP ATM, and I'm struggling to think of anything major XP gave me than 98 didn't. It's nice that when I upgrade my linux distro every 6 months (it upgrades automatically, free of charge (why can't MS do that Wink)) I genuinely see new features being added and old features being improved. Since I started using Linux about 2.5 years, I've seen it go further than windows in 6-8 years. If I didn't need windows for modding and gaming I'd give it up right away.
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM,

Linux has a purpose that neither windows, nore the useless mac OS can meet. Networking. And for that, I love it. Yes, if linux were windows but not windows, I'm sure many would use it, but its linux. Windows is just the most versitile of the available OSes, does not mean its perfect, and I do hope google shows it up, but its still the greatest viable platform out there.
06-13-2007, 03:19 PM,

And why DA? Because once again, speed defeated quality.

VHS versus Betamax, VHS sucks, Betamax rocks. Who wins? VHS.

Windows 3.1 versus OS/2, Windows 3.1 sucks, OS/2 rocks. Who wins? Windows!

Microsoft was able to keep all opposition from its market, thus making itself marketleader with about 90% of the sytems running on Windows by the time of Windows 95. Due to it's lack of competitors the OS industry hasn't made big leaps, who knows how the OS of today could've looked like?
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-17-2007, 01:04 AM,

on vista:

I HATE VISTA!!!!

on ms 2007

AAAAH were is everything?!?!?!
?(
:eek:
enough said
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
06-17-2007, 05:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by A_flyboy
were is everything?!?!?!

use the search feature... never hide pron on vista Cool
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
06-17-2007, 06:41 AM,

VHS versus Betamax? Betamax was a hyper focused format, VHS didn't win because of marketing, there was one key factor to keep in mind. You could only store 20 minutes of footage on a beta tape, while on a VHS you could store a whole film. A little fact none of the beta fans like to mention.

Same deal with those that bash microsoft, you may have issues with it, but its still the most viable platform.
06-17-2007, 09:47 AM,

Actually, after I read the Wikipedia page, I found out you were right (though it's not 20 minutes, it's 1 hour of footage on Beta and 2/3 hours on VHS). But Microsoft? There is no other viable platform (Ubuntu excluded offcourse) because Microsoft holds 90% of the market...
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-17-2007, 10:17 AM,

There is only one thing that I must know for certain before getting Vista: will it run Oblivion & Morrowind without any problems? I've heard a few snatches of rumour that it won't. I'll stick with XP for now.
"Remember yourself always & everywhere. The highest that a man can attain is to be able to do"
G.I.Gurdjieff
06-18-2007, 01:57 AM,

Vista Can and Will Run Oblivion. I haven't tried Morrowind... i lent it out and haven't seen it sense ;(
Sincerly
Green Cutlass