Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Wip)Scroll For ScrollShelf
02-04-2006, 10:40 PM,
(Wip)Scroll For ScrollShelf
EDIT: Do to a lack of interest im no longer doing this idea
02-04-2006, 11:07 PM,
RE: (Wip)Scroll For ScrollShelf
Actually, I am wondering if you have actually invented something entirely new - as in patentable invention = scroll holder.

You might have an internal spindle that you wrap the scroll around and the case is a cylinder that slides on and off one end to carry scroll;

Could be that the end of the scroll is wrapped around the outside of the case and you unroll it by attaching another spindle that is attached accross the top end of the scroll so that you wind from one to the other?

Gotta be lotsa ways this could be done?

If your scroll shelf is really big you could have notches that you can fit the handles into? So that you can see the side of the scroll;

or the scroll/s might fit in like a book into a bookcase.

Now look what you dun wiv me brain - it's gone like that flamed smilie = overworkin an on fire... Big Grin

An anuvver fing, I keep seein your scrollcase in a shop in my head. Would you take it back please I am running outa room in me brain! :goodjob:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
02-05-2006, 01:41 AM,

Edit: Ohhhhh i get what you mean Kind like a shelf with dowels on it
where you wrap the scroll around it and at one end you atach a tube to it and when you want to open it you put a dowel in the tube that way you could aplly preasure to the paper with out it tearing becuse the the tube would rotate instead of standing still

(and if some one want to patent anything that has to with scrolls go ahead no one uses scrolls anymore so im a few hundred years to late lol)

m glad it gives you idea but it is nothing new just changed the spnidil around
Look at this picture
[Image: Small%20Scrolls%20various.jpg]
they have been made exactly like that for a long time
But this is most like mine you may know the name of it
the dead sea scrolls
[Image: cal_deadseaScroll-hi.jpg]
or check this link
http://images.google.com/images?q=ancien...rch+Images
So some one beat me to the patent a few 1000 years ago lol
02-05-2006, 02:48 AM,

Update: Got remake the scroll sides didnt lathe it with enough segments and looks a lil crapy
02-05-2006, 06:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by xchaosdragon666x
Edit: Ohhhhh i get what you mean Kind like a shelf with dowels on it
where you wrap the scroll around it and at one end you atach a tube to it and when you want to open it you put a dowel in the tube that way you could aplly preasure to the paper with out it tearing becuse the the tube would rotate instead of standing still

(and if some one want to patent anything that has to with scrolls go ahead no one uses scrolls anymore so im a few hundred years to late lol)

m glad it gives you idea but it is nothing new just changed the spnidil around
...snip...

And that's another variation on the theme.

Hah, I intended to write dowells originally,but I thought you might have difficulty with the word... Blush

If you are happy to think in those terms, then you can also think about uses for the little cupboard in the bottom left:
- a display case?
- a built in holder so that the user could unroll and leave a scroll open on while reading?
- a fold-out desk?

ps, re patents I think you would find there are millions of apparently obscure patents active...thing is they cost money. Many modern machines use ancient tech.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman