Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf Companion
08-25-2006, 04:14 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Poorly, something tells me I am not meant to script.

Well thats why you script to learn! But if you dont think you can finish or want to put the time in Ill try my hand once I get the computer working. So far when I turn it on the video card gets power, the fans get power, and the lights get power, but nothing else ?(

Oh and what are you going to do with the swamp troll texture you made? Id like to see it in its in game glory. Id give it bright red eyes so it looks scary at night but who knows

Thanks for trying
08-25-2006, 04:21 AM,

Yeah, I just don't understand what's wrong, I don't like to quit, but Im up against a wall.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-25-2006, 04:24 AM,

Yeah, I just don't understand what's wrong, I don't like to quit, but I'm up against a wall.
Why don't you post the script?
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-25-2006, 04:40 AM,

That's not the issue, I can actualy still probably get into scripting, the dang panther just won't coexist with the guards, no matter what I try one of them wants to kill the other.
08-25-2006, 10:59 AM,

So youre not scripting something, youre scripting to prevent something that seems to be hardcoded. Makes sense... did you look at the ranger mod? It has a wolf companion and it doesnt get attacked by guards
08-25-2006, 12:24 PM,

That's not the issue, I can actualy still probably get into scripting, the dang panther just won't coexist with the guards, no matter what I try one of them wants to kill the other.
I imagine you made a new creature ID for the wolf companion, if so you can try and create a new faction just for the wolf, setting it's disposition towards the player (and vampire player) and all the guards to 100. The guards might still attack the wolf though, so you would need to add the wolf companion faction to their faction relations list and set it to 100.

Because of the last bit this is probably not the most elegant solution, but it a fairly good one (if it works) and will only interfere with mods that directly make changes to the guard factions and there are very few of those.
08-25-2006, 04:41 PM,

You see, that is exxactly what Ithought, and rserved it as a backup plan, when nothing else worked I went ahead and tried it. The guards still hated it. I tried Duplicating one of the other summons and pointing it at the new skeleton, model, and animations, still no go.
08-25-2006, 05:22 PM,

You see, that is exxactly what Ithought, and rserved it as a backup plan, when nothing else worked I went ahead and tried it. The guards still hated it. I tried Duplicating one of the other summons and pointing it at the new skeleton, model, and animations, still no go.
Strange. :confused: Are you sure the wolfie is not a member of any other faction?
08-25-2006, 05:24 PM,

Panther. Posative, I have tried so many fction combinations.
08-25-2006, 05:40 PM,

Panther. Posative, I have tried so many fction combinations.
There is something about how the guard factions are scripted I think. You should check that out.